• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU or Big East

FSU win or BE Championship  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

FSU

Is being champion of this league very meaningful? I'd say it’s a novelty. Imagine if we were in C-USA asking the same question; what would your answer be then? Unfortunately, the rest of the sports world does not see much difference between the BE and C-USA at this point in time. The only way to improve the status of our conference is to win the OOC games...especially against the ACC.

Are BCS bowls really that big a deal, except for the championship game? What has it done for UCONN/Cinci to play in them?

There's a difference between winning CUSA and going to the Liberty Bowl, and winning the Big East and going to the Orange/Fiesta Bowl.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

FSU

Is being champion of this league very meaningful? I'd say it’s a novelty. Imagine if we were in C-USA asking the same question; what would your answer be then? Unfortunately, the rest of the sports world does not see much difference between the BE and C-USA at this point in time. The only way to improve the status of our conference is to win the OOC games...especially against the ACC.

Are BCS bowls really that big a deal, except for the championship game? What has it done for UCONN/Cinci to play in them?

There's a difference between winning CUSA and going to the Liberty Bowl, and winning the Big East and going to the Orange/Fiesta Bowl.

I think the impact of that difference would be short lived. Sure, the bowl trip would be more fun, but who remembers the BE champ year over year? Who won last year?

I’d rather dominate the state; I think it would have more long lasting effects. Besides, if we can sweep our OOC games and still lose the BE, the league would probably be well represented in the BCS game anyway.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think if you asked the USF team and coaches, if they would rather beat FSU or win the Big East title, the overwhelming response would be to win the Big East this year. Beating FSU and winning the Big East title, would be a bonus.

I think if you asked the USF team and coaches, if they would rather beat FSU or win the Big East title, the overwhelming response would be to win the Big East this year. Beating FSU and winning the Bifg East title, would be a bonus.

No doubt, they would say that. There would be outrage if they didn't.

Here’s my theorem (past performance is not factored in)…

If we are capable of beating FSU this year, then we are capable of winning the BE this year.

If we are not capable of beating FSU this year, then we are not necessarily capable of winning the BE this year.

Right or wrong, my perception is that beating FSU this year is a better credential for prominence than is winning the BE.

Win both!

Edited by 8u11`o3

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I think if you asked the USF team and coaches, if they would rather beat FSU or win the Big East title, the overwhelming response would be to win the Big East this year. Beating FSU and winning the Bifg East title, would be a bonus.

If we are capable of beating FSU this year, then we are capable of winning the BE this year.

If we are not capable of beating FSU this year, then we are not necessarily capable of winning the BE this year.

Right or wrong, my perception is that beating FSU this year is a better credential for prominence than is winning the BE.

Win both!

That's pretty much what we said with Notre Dame. How did that work out?

Win both!

1. FSU is better this year than ND was last year, according to rankings and speculation.

2. ND beat us in every category except for TOs and score.

3. Past performance is not a factor in my theorem, nor should it be, right?

Edited by 8u11`o3

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Win both!

I think most people who weren't blinded with their green and gold blinders after that win saw a lot of issues with that team. I had a bad feeling after that win, and I expressed it on here. Forced or not, you don't get 6 TOs every game.

This FSU team is very good. We can legitimately say, if we beat them if a regular manner, we can win the Big East

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

Win both!

Win both is right.

However being capable of grinding out a championship season does not follow from being capable of winning a game.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

USF's great OOC run started in 2006 against a crappy NC team (3-9)

In 2007 they got 2 signature wins. One came OOC @ Auburn (9-4).

In 2008 they beat a good but not great Kansas team (8-5).

In 2009 a win @ a mediocre FSU (7-6).

In 2010 @ a mediocre Miami (7-6).

In 2011 @ ND (8-5).

Notice a pattern? All of these were considered more important than the scrubby conference that we are in. But guess what? Even though we beat such "good" teams 1 time, when conference game #6 was done, USF was already out.

Give me a title, or at least a chance when conference game 7 starts. As a fan, I want to know what THAT feels like.

That extension to Holtz is looking suspect. Why could that one not wait until after THIS season?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Reality is that the FSU is game five of an extremely difficult month for USF. It ain't gonna be easy either way.