• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

Having NBC sign with the Beast would be huge for fans. Hate ESPN and thursday games with a passion. Friday is ok though.

+1 More Saturday games....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

If the exit fee is the only thing holding a conference together, the conference is done for.

If the Big East gets a comparable deal with the ACC the conference will be fine. Nothing on this earth would stop a school from joining the B1G or the SEC.

Sure the exit fee should be up in the $20 million range, but not as the sole deterrent for teams leaving.

I agree that it will not stop any BE member from going to the Big 4 conferences but it might put a bigger target on the ACC. There is more value in the ACC schools. If the ACC gets raided, it will be difficult for the ACC to recruit any BE school.

Raise the exit fee to $20million and up the withdrawal notice to 4 or 5 years.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Having NBC sign with the Beast would be huge for fans. Hate ESPN and thursday games with a passion. Friday is ok though.

+1 More Saturday games....

+2 all Saturday games.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

If the exit fee is the only thing holding a conference together, the conference is done for.

If the Big East gets a comparable deal with the ACC the conference will be fine. Nothing on this earth would stop a school from joining the B1G or the SEC.

Sure the exit fee should be up in the $20 million range, but not as the sole deterrent for teams leaving.

The only way I could see it having a real effect, is if they got an agreement giving up their media rights for a period of time like the big 12

+1 That's a huge deterrent

I think all the conferences realize now, that a "grant of media rights" is the only way to restrict abdication. I think any future TV deals will be structured that way. Big East TV deal will be the next test case.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Want the stability !

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

After watching a week of the Olympics on NBC and NBCSN, I hope the production level is improved. Lots of mistakes and poor broadcasting.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

NBC really wants a CFB property, I think they would put a lot of effort into a newly revitalized BE. They have big time political clout and a lot of intangibles that they can bring to the table. Imagine Thanksgiving weekend marquee matchups on a Broadcast TV in Primetime.Imagine New Years day on Broadcast TV with a Bowl game in Primetime.Heck we could even start a parade. While the ACC is playing on ESPNU we would be playing on Channel 3(or whatever).

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

NBC could save the BE