• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Would be a sweet deal. The question becomes duration.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I cannot wait when the real numbers start to come out. I'm telling you they will be leaked purposely by NBC to gauge ESPN

And then ESPN will advise and subsidize its busines partners, the Big12 and ACC, to take on Louisville and Rutgers just to violation all over the NBC deal.

Sorry guys, it seems we are checkmated by ESPN and disloyal members within the BE ranks.

To pull this out, the BE needs to hire the #2 guy from the Pac12. The new commish needs to publically threaten to sue ESPN if the the BE is raided again at or around the time we were supposed to be negotiating with ESPN in good faith. Whether they screwed the BE or not, ESPN needs to know it'll be dragged through the mud if anything happens between now and November.

Since a weakened Big12 is in the interests of both the BE and Pac12, the new commish needs to privately work with his Pac12 contacts on a plan to contain Big12 aggression.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

I cannot wait when the real numbers start to come out. I'm telling you they will be leaked purposely by NBC to gauge ESPN

And then ESPN will advise and subsidize its busines partners, the Big12 and ACC, to take on Louisville and Rutgers just to violation all over the NBC deal.

Sorry guys, it seems we are checkmated by ESPN and disloyal members within the BE ranks.

To pull this out, the BE needs to hire the #2 guy from the Pac12. The new commish needs to publically threaten to sue ESPN if the the BE is raided again at or around the time we were supposed to be negotiating with ESPN in good faith. Whether they screwed the BE or not, ESPN needs to know it'll be dragged through the mud if anything happens between now and November.

Since a weakened Big12 is in the interests of both the BE and Pac12, the new commish needs to privately work with his Pac12 contacts on a plan to contain Big12 aggression.

I agree with your logic and see where you are coming from. However, I hope your scenario does not come to pass.

If Rutgers and Louisville were to leave, at this point I have no idea would replace them - Tulsa, Tulane, East Carolina?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

How much do we get now from ESPN?

i want to say with bowl money it is around 6 million

Six? Seriously?! Wow I thought it was a lot more than that. That is pathetic.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Noon to midnight sounds great!

Game 1 Noon East Coast Div- Louisville vs Rutgers

Game 2 3:30pm ND slot

Game 3 7pm Game of the week either East or West

Game 4 10:30pm West Coast Div- Boise vs Houston

Awesome.

Pretty sure NBC only does the ND home games. This could also be incentive for ND to join the BE for all sports, in order to lock down that NBC spot every week.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

How much do we get now from ESPN?

I think it's like $3.5 million per team per year + bowl money(highly variable) Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

ESPN now knows the floor for negotiations

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I could have read wrong, but once cuse and Pitt officially join, the ACC is going to make about 17 million a school

Not until 2021 with the escalation schedule

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I could have read wrong, but once cuse and Pitt officially join, the ACC is going to make about 17 million a school

Bill is right. It's more around 14-15mil a year now and for awhile. That's why FSU and Clemson were shopping around because they are getting screwed with the contract and with their tier 3 rights.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

read over an article quickly, so I knew I could have been off. Thanks