• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

98.7 FM the Fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

How I hate the SEC and all of their fans.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

someone mentioned they don't get 1010 ten miles out?

answer: get a better antenna, AM radio can have a farther reach than FM, and in fact does with 98.7 as it's a christian rock station in winter haven or something, which is why you gotta use 1010 out in polk where i work. there's a big 98.7 in palm beach that i sometimes used to get all the way to lakeland though, before the local 98.7 came up. 1010 has great reach to the east, and i believe to the south too. not so good to the north up in pasco, but their tower is just south of gandy off 4th/9th st in st. pete.

it's going to be awesome to hear the usf football and hoops games on FM radio. when 103.5 started carrying the bucs with ole gene deckerhoff, it was night and day better. hopefully they'll allow the internet streams to carry them as well, would be really cool for the unfortunate bastards who work during games.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

someone mentioned they don't get 1010 ten miles out?

answer: get a better antenna, AM radio can have a farther reach than FM, and in fact does with 98.7 as it's a christian rock station in winter haven or something, which is why you gotta use 1010 out in polk where i work. there's a big 98.7 in palm beach that i sometimes used to get all the way to lakeland though, before the local 98.7 came up. 1010 has great reach to the east, and i believe to the south too. not so good to the north up in pasco, but their tower is just south of gandy off 4th/9th st in st. pete.

it's going to be awesome to hear the usf football and hoops games on FM radio. when 103.5 started carrying the bucs with ole gene deckerhoff, it was night and day better. hopefully they'll allow the internet streams to carry them as well, would be really cool for the unfortunate bastards who work during games.

No, it's not the antenna. 1010am sucks at night.

At night, the power is reduced for that station and is a directional antenna. So if you are out north of the USF campus, you get almost no reception in the evening.

Here's some coverage maps.

1010AM (Daytime)

WQYK_AM_LD.gif

1010AM (Nighttime)

WQYK_AM_LN.gif

98.7FM (24 hours a day)

WSJT_FM_LU.gif

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Hope this works out and sorry to see JP go. He was one of the few on radio who spoke at all about USF, he was generally knowledgeable and positive and he even helped with our annual auction to raise money for USF athletic. Without JP my afternoon drive time sports talk choices werethe likes of Duemig, Paul Finebaum or ESPN. So basically, there were no choices.

Ha ha. Finebaum would not be so bad if he did not let every toothless redneck call in. While I was born in Florida, have lived most of my life here and have many southern relatives, those thick southern accents are irritating. When he has a guest or talking about a specific issue, he is ok. I do not really care for the SEC which is his specialty, so I rarely even check in....

The other "choices" are not even options I would consider. In conclusion, you are absolutely correct, sir.

Finebaum is the epitome of the "our **** doesn't stink", "we're God's gift to college football" SEC mouthbreather ... I'd pick Deumig over him to listen to and you have no idea how difficult that is to say.

I guess when he was talking like that I was quick to change it back to Boneyard or Liquid Metal. I will have to take your word about Finebaum since I would rather listen to that electronic buzzing or jamming on the shortwave radio than listen to 620(and I know you would too). Edited by Mission9

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Anyone know if we'll be able to listen to the Bulls football and basketball radio feeds live over the internet?

Probably not... that's controlled by IMG (who runs most college broadcasts across the nation) and so far they've been unwilling to stream anything. When they do I'll bet it's a pay per listen service. Maybe it'll happen this season but I haven't heard of any changes.

Totally inexcusable and makes the program look bush league. Might be able to pick it up from another provider in Orlando.

Maybe I wasn't clear.... IMG produces most all of the college football and basketball in the country... it's not USF's decision... and to the best of my knowledge there isn't really an alternative. It's not a reflection on out program... you can't get any football streaming for most schools.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

so what's the special announcement, that usf football games will be on 98.7 fm? Can anyone confirm?

http://www.gousfbull...TCLID=205563799

Nice, thanks.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Anyone know if we'll be able to listen to the Bulls football and basketball radio feeds live over the internet?

Probably not... that's controlled by IMG (who runs most college broadcasts across the nation) and so far they've been unwilling to stream anything. When they do I'll bet it's a pay per listen service. Maybe it'll happen this season but I haven't heard of any changes.

Totally inexcusable and makes the program look bush league. Might be able to pick it up from another provider in Orlando.

Maybe I wasn't clear.... IMG produces most all of the college football and basketball in the country... it's not USF's decision... and to the best of my knowledge there isn't really an alternative. It's not a reflection on out program... you can't get any football streaming for most schools.

If you are talking about streaming radio then you are wrong. Hell, even my employer, the University of New Hampshire, has free streaming radio for its games.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

If you are talking about streaming radio then you are wrong. Hell, even my employer, the University of New Hampshire, has free streaming radio for its games.

He did say MOST schools ... not any.

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Hope this works out and sorry to see JP go. He was one of the few on radio who spoke at all about USF, he was generally knowledgeable and positive and he even helped with our annual auction to raise money for USF athletic. Without JP my afternoon drive time sports talk choices werethe likes of Duemig, Paul Finebaum or ESPN. So basically, there were no choices.

Ha ha. Finebaum would not be so bad if he did not let every toothless redneck call in. While I was born in Florida, have lived most of my life here and have many southern relatives, those thick southern accents are irritating. When he has a guest or talking about a specific issue, he is ok. I do not really care for the SEC which is his specialty, so I rarely even check in....

The other "choices" are not even options I would consider. In conclusion, you are absolutely correct, sir.

Finebaum is the epitome of the "our **** doesn't stink", "we're God's gift to college football" SEC mouthbreather ... I'd pick Deumig over him to listen to and you have no idea how difficult that is to say.

I guess when he was talking like that I was quick to change it back to Boneyard or Liquid Metal. I will have to take your word about Finebaum since I would rather listen to that electronic buzzing or jamming on the shortwave radio than listen to 620(and I know you would too).

I listened the most back when they were adding Missouri and TAMU, and his whole attitude came across like they were adding a couple of NAIA teams .... I know it won't happen, but I'd love for those two to jump in there and kick some ass right off the bat.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Talking USF now.