• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Litton, QB, Tampa Wharton HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Except when Marshall played tougher teams, like the 11-2 Northern Illinois program, they diced them up as well. Embarrassed them even worse than Florida State had done a few years ago, really. A good offense is a good offense.

Asiantii Woulard was committed to a different coaching staff and when that staff changed, there was no chance of keeping him especially as he had made a name for himself at the E11 competition. I don't really have any desire to bring him up because this coaching staff didn't really have a choice when it came to Asiantii Woulard.

The reason I bring Chase Litton up is because unlike Asiantii Woulard, Litton was a kid the Bulls could have kept. He was committed to this staff. They botched their handling of him. It was a relationship that could have been salvaged, and because it wasn't salvaged the Bulls have some pretty bad options at the quarterback position this year.

Personally I think the handling of the QB situation has doomed the current coaching staff, and the only reason I could see them being kept in 2016 would be if the powers that be decide they don't want to buy out Taggart's contract and then turn around and hand out yet another one. But I do feel like their fortunes might be different if they'd resolved their situation with Chase Litton instead of turning on and demonizing a mere kid just because he got his nose bent by their handling of him.

Saying that Marshall was a good team because they beat NIU by a larger score than FSU did years before =

epic-facepalm.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Except when Marshall played tougher teams, like the 11-2 Northern Illinois program, they diced them up as well. Embarrassed them even worse than Florida State had done a few years ago, really. A good offense is a good offense.

Asiantii Woulard was committed to a different coaching staff and when that staff changed, there was no chance of keeping him especially as he had made a name for himself at the E11 competition. I don't really have any desire to bring him up because this coaching staff didn't really have a choice when it came to Asiantii Woulard.

The reason I bring Chase Litton up is because unlike Asiantii Woulard, Litton was a kid the Bulls could have kept. He was committed to this staff. They botched their handling of him. It was a relationship that could have been salvaged, and because it wasn't salvaged the Bulls have some pretty bad options at the quarterback position this year.

Personally I think the handling of the QB situation has doomed the current coaching staff, and the only reason I could see them being kept in 2016 would be if the powers that be decide they don't want to buy out Taggart's contract and then turn around and hand out yet another one. But I do feel like their fortunes might be different if they'd resolved their situation with Chase Litton instead of turning on and demonizing a mere kid just because he got his nose bent by their handling of him.

Saying that Marshall was a good team because they beat NIU by a larger score than FSU did years before =

epic-facepalm.jpg

That's awesome 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

LOL ok.

Team goes 13-1 with the only loss coming in overtime after they scored a touchdown and the other team decides to go for two points instead of going to double overtime, and had the best offense in FBS football, but they suck.

Sometimes I think the people around here deserve a ****** USF football team.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

LOL ok.

Team goes 13-1 with the only loss coming in overtime after they scored a touchdown and the other team decides to go for two points instead of going to double overtime, and had the best offense in FBS football, but they suck.

Sometimes I think the people around here deserve a ****** USF football team.

Where did anyone say Marshall sucks? You're projecting. Dogma's point is valid, NIU had a different team and coach when they played Marshall than they did vs. FSU.

I don't understand the butthurt leading to your last comment, either. Thought this was a message board where ideas and comments could be shared. Sounds like you took a critique of your analysis a little too personally.

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

Chase Litton probably just became Marshall's starting QB for the next three or four years.

Started today in place of struggling JMU transfer Michael Birdsong, went 24 of 31 for 270 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 5 runs for 27 yards.

Never should've let him go.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  0

Chase Litton probably just became Marshall's starting QB for the next three or four years.

Started today in place of struggling JMU transfer Michael Birdsong, went 24 of 31 for 270 yards, 4 TD, 0 INT, 5 runs for 27 yards.

Talk about salt on a wound this week...

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

To add:

First..

The coaches didn't "let him go"

Chase acted like a spoiled kid.. he was the one decommitted from USF, and then talked crap about the program.

By the way, he decommited at a UF event in hopes of landing a scholarship which never materialized.

Second:

You pull up stats for 1 game as if it's proof that Litton is so great

Yet, fail to mention this one game was against their FCS opponent... a bad FCS opponent (4-7, 3-9, 4-8, 0-3 records)

Wait for a longer slightly tougher schedule to get a better view..

Although it will still be difficult to judge him being that Marshall's schedule, as usual, is extremely weak

(preseason their SoS was ranked 128 out of 128 - http://www.fbschedules.com/2015/03/2015-college-football-strength-of-schedule-ncaa-method/)

You seem to have a real attachment to the guy

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Well, he's better than Flowers...

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Well, he's better than Flowers...

I'm still not certain I would agree at this point, based on Litton's sole game against an FCS opponent.