• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should PSU get the Death Penalty?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

I would love to hear if the victiims want the program disbanded. If they do, then I will support it. Funny nobody is asking for the Boy Scouts to bisdand after MULTIPLE sex abuse scandles AND cover ups. Don't beleive me, google Boy Scouts "Perversion Files". It chronciles the sex abuse cases that the Boy Scouts of America has information on and did not report or act upon appropriately. The Boyscouts are happy this scandle came along becuase it took the lime light off of them.

My stance was if the board new, then my stance on the death penalty would change. It turns out they found out the severity of the crimes in 2011, becuase the President failed to properly perform his fiduciary responsibility and misled them. He will stand trial for this and other crimes in the near future. If the board was involved in the cover up, I would have lit the match with the rest of you. There are too many variables here to let 4 idiots destroy more lives than the ones they have already ruined. A price will be paid to the victims, healing will begin for them, God willing. The 3 idiots still breathing will face a jury of their peers and will hopefully be convicted and sentenced to jail. Penn State already has a "Scarlet Letter" forever branded on their chest. Disbanding the football program after firing everyone involved with the previous staff and administration will not add much to a culture change that will naturally happen with a new coaching staff and school administration team. Dispanding the program does not guarantee any more change then what will naturally happen.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

easy for you to say. imagine if your livelihood was taken away over the actions of others.

I won't forget who the true victims were but i also don't want to see innocent people's lives ruined over something they did not do.

Wonder if the NCAA thought about the same thing in SMU's case?

Maybe some livelihoods there were ruined when they got the death penalty - who knows? They were just paying players, though.

Young boys were getting raped in PSU showers by football program associates, and university associates looked the other way for over a decade.

It's easy for you to try to make it hit home personally for others when you're on the side of the argument that says "don't do anything more." I can't imagine being in anyone's position that is being affected personally by this, but I do know one thing: If I had been any one of those folks that saw something going on with Sandusky, I would have gone straight to the authorities and done everything I could to put him in jail. My moral compass demands it.

Not everyone was in a position to do that, I realize, and I'm sure there are those in State College that might have done that if they had the chance. But those same people right now probably blame the Paterno and the PSU admins for all of this, as they should, because Paterno and the PSU admins are the ones to blame for anything that happens here.

the NCAA realized what a mistake they made by giving smu the death penalty.

where did I say don't do anything more? I said punish those people that were responsible for the crime and cover-up. to the fullest extent of the law. destroy them financially as well as prosecute them criminally.

giving the death penalty does nothing to punish those responsible. they are gone.

it just punishes the innocent people that are left.

imagine if you had a business that you have grown for 30 years that relied on penn state football. you would be destroyed and you had nothing at all to do with the crime or the cover-up. it's beyond stupid to punish the many for the actions of just a few.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't believe, at this time, that the board was involved. According to the Freeh report, their biggest fault is that they didn't demand and get transparency from Spanier. Spanier didn't think he had to tell them anything, and he had multiple meetings with the BOT and never mentioned the Sandusky investigation. From what information is out there publicly right now, the BOT was shocked when Sandusky was arrested.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

where did I say don't do anything more? I said punish those people that were responsible for the crime and cover-up. to the fullest extent of the law. destroy them financially as well as prosecute them criminally.

This is happening. Sandusky has been tried and convicted. Paterno is dead. Spanier, Curley and Schultz are facing trial. Maybe a few others might still face prosecution, but I feel that prosecuting those involved in the crime and cover-up should not be the end. You obviously do.

This is happening. Sandusky has been tried and convicted. Paterno is dead. Spanier, Curley and Schultz are facing trial. Maybe a few others might still face prosecution, but I feel that prosecuting those involved in the crime and cover-up should not be the end. You obviously do.

so you think the end should be to put thousands of innocent people out of work. people that had nothing to do with the crime or cover-up.

state college grows 3 times as large on a game day. hotel rooms rent for 4 times what they normally would. gas stations, beer vendors, restaurants, etc would lose tens of millions in revenue a year.

you know how many jobs that translates to?

those are jobs that go poof the minute they give psu football the death penalty. those are the people that will be punished with a psu death penalty.

not joe pa. not the pres. not the athletic director. not sandusky. not the vice pres. nothing happens to them if psu gets the death penalty.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Instead of the death penalty, what about ban on home games for one season. All games for the season away games. Compromise between death penalty and none?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

so you think the end should be to put thousands of innocent people out of work. people that had nothing to do with the crime or cover-up.

state college grows 3 times as large on a game day. hotel rooms rent for 4 times what they normally would. gas stations, beer vendors, restaurants, etc would lose tens of millions in revenue a year.

those are jobs that go poof the minute they give psu football the death penalty. those are the people that will be punished with a psu death penalty.

not joe pa. not the pres. not the athletic director. not sandusky. not the vice pres.

Unfortunately alot of people think that the largest cause of devestation to the most amount of innocent people will somehow make everything better and give them warm fuzzies inside.... short term thinking in a scenario like this is a bad idea. The sandwhich shop on the corner that makes ( 30-50% guesstimate) of their profits during these 6-7 weekends has no business losing 2-3 years worth of their lively hood becuase of this. This will ruin state college, PA's local economy. But people would rather EVERYONE be punished for this, rather than those accountable. Remember SMU's death penalty hurt SMU, Dallas as a city was large enough to weather the death penalty becuase it has a large scale economy when compared to state college. Only 104K people live in the burough and surrounding townships. I guess they all should declare bankruptcy now and move. It will make YOU feel better.

Two of the top employers in State College Pa are Dauntes Resuarantes, who owns 7 restaurants in the area. another is Hotel State College and Company. Two of there largest employeres in town... cripling them sounds like a great idea...... Let's get the Reduction in Force letters ready/ Closing signs up.... this will teach you to allow 4 idiots to make horrible decisions!! Wait, you didn't know? Too Bad, die anyways!!!!!!!

The more I think of it, the more i like it. This is anarchists dream come true. MASS DESTRUCTION!!!!! I'm gonna go buy some gasoline, whose with me!!!!!!!!! Let's burn it all down!! They can move after we ruin their lives. That will teach them a great lesson!!

Instead of the death penalty, what about ban on home games for one season. All games for the season away games. Compromise between death penalty and none?

that still punishes the wrong people. joe pa, etc are long gone. how does not having a home game punish them? it doesn't. I could see a bowl ban or a tv ban or even scholarship limitations. perhaps make them donate 3 years worth of tv revenue to childrens abuse cause. you have to consider collateral damage. it's not fair to punish people who were not involved in the crime or cover-up.

not joe pa. not the pres. not the athletic director. not sandusky. not the vice pres.

Unfortunately alot of people think that the largest cause of devestation to the most amount of innocent people will somehow make everything better and give them warm fuzzies inside.... short term thinking in a scenario like this is a bad idea. The sandwhich shop on the corner that makes ( 30-50% guesstimate) of their profits during these 6-7 weekends has no business losing 2-3 years worth of their lively hood becuase of this. This will ruin state college, PA's local economy. But people would rather EVERYONE be punished for this, rather than those accountable. Remember SMU's death penalty hurt SMU, Dallas as a city was large enough to weather the death penalty becuase it has a large scale economy when compared to state college. Only 104K people live in the burough and surrounding townships. I guess they all should declare bankruptcy now and move. It will make YOU feel better.

Two of the top employers in State College Pa are Dauntes Resuarantes, who owns 7 restaurants in the area. another is Hotel State College and Company. Two of there largest employeres in town... cripling them sounds like a great idea...... Let's get the Reduction in Force letters ready/ Closing signs up.... this will teach you to allow 4 idiots to make horrible decisions!! Wait, you didn't know? Too Bad, die anyways!!!!!!!

The more I think of it, the more i like it. This is anarchists dream come true. MASS DESTRUCTION!!!!! I'm gonna go buy some gasoline, whose with me!!!!!!!!! Let's burn it all down!! They can move after we ruin their lives. That will teach them a great lesson!!

losing tens of millions in revenue would devastate that community. we're talking bartenders, hotel maids, gas station attendants, etc. losing their jobs or having their income cut. it doesn't make sense

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I am very torn about this. There should be penalities, but I don't think the football team should be penalized b/c they had nothing to do with this. None of these players were around or alive when any of this happened. Not fair to penalize these guys. Anyone who was involved with this should just be sent to jail. That is going to be the best way to penalize these people. To penalize this current team a death penalty or severe one is ridiculous. I am with the above comments that this would hurt businesses badly and potentially cost jobs. Not fair to them either.