• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Should PSU get the Death Penalty?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

If I was playing Football at PSU, I would want out...Knowing that I got recruited by these animals.

10 year old boys getting sodomized by the ex defense of coordinator that was given access to the facilities by the Head Coach and President after knowing that he was a predator.

No thanks!

Not one employee, Board Member, Alumni, or Football player has spoken up against or resigned.

Sounds like a $100 million dollar settlement by a $6.5 billion dollar institution should do the trick.

Something needs to get done in order to change the culture, whether its PSU or the Pennsylvania State Legislator..

More like $240-300 million dollar settlement. I am thinking these victims should be compensated 20-25 millions dollars based on the overwhelming evidence and lack of reagrd for them. Its going to be huge whatever it is. Let the victims dictate if a death penalty is warranted. As a victim they get to suggest punishmen beyond monetary values. If they want it shut down, my opinions is meanigless, as I did not suffer these horrific crimes. If that is what they want, and it helps them begin to heal, so be it. Those 12 opinions matter more than any of ours.

Edited by slbpsi63

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If you're going to talk about fairness, a $240-300 million dollar settlement will likely be paid for by the state of Pennsylvania, with taxpayer dollars. The state will foot the bill from that with money from the coffers filled by taxpayers, who didn't have anything to do with this. The taxpayers' wallets will be hurt then. Jus' sayin.

Crazy thing is that the first victim (that we know about) from the 1998 charge wanted to drop the charges because Sandusky might not invite him to any more football games (page 42 of the Freeh report).

We can go on all day with this argument, but at the end of the day, what's going to be the best, most effective way of making sure that this culture is changed, and that something like this won't happen again in Happy Valley?

More evidence of a culture rampant at PSU that needs to change:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8178854/penn-state-nittany-lions-students-protect-joe-paterno-statue

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Amid calls for the removal of football coach Joe Paterno's statue from the Penn State campus, some students have started a vigil to protect it from vandals.

Seniors Mike Elliot and Kevin Berkon organized a gathering at the statue after a plane flew over the campus Tuesday with a banner that read: "Take the statue down or we will."

The students said they would be at the statue again Wednesday night, but weren't sure how long they would keep the vigil.

The plane is licensed to Air America Aerial Ads of Genoa, Ohio. A person who answered the phone at Air America declined to give his name or identify who paid for the flight.

Federal Aviation Administration records show the agency grounded a plane from the same company after it towed banners taunting Tiger Woods during the 2010 Masters golf tournament.

The Paterno statue outside Beaver Stadium has been a point of much contention since the results from a scathing report by former FBI director Louis Freeh were made public and greatly tarnished the reputation of a man once known as "JoePa."

Critics have called for the statue to be taken down after the Freeh report concluded that Paterno was aware of allegations levied against convicted pedophile Jerry Sandusky in 1998 -- in contrast to his grand jury testimony and an interview given after his firing -- and that he was involved in the decision to not report a 2001 incident to the authorities even after his superiors had decided to.

Penn State president Rodney Erickson said Tuesday that no decision has been made on whether to take it down.

"I'm still in the process of talking with members of my leadership team," Erickson said. "I'll want to talk with members of the board and others. And we will make a decision, and we will make the right decision based on what we believe is the best course of action for the university."

University spokesman David La Torre said a decision on the matter would be made in seven to 10 days.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Do those students standing the vigil have a problem if the administration decides to take it down?

Do those students standing the vigil have a problem if the administration decides to take it down?

Remains to be seen, I guess.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Do it during their classes.. Genius!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Do it during their classes.. Genius!

lmao

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I predict they'll take it down and move it someplace quiet and out of the way, thinking its a win win. Then it blows up. Again.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Another domino falls.

ap-logo2.png

Get AP Mobile for your phone at GetAPMobile.com

Ex-chairman of Penn St. board of trustees resigns

MICHAEL RUBINKAM

Published: 9 minutes ago

The former chairman of the Penn State board of trustees has resigned, the first board member to do so in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child sex abuse scandal.

The board says Steve Garban announced his resignation Thursday night.

Garban was harshly criticized over his handling of the crisis that engulfed Penn State after Sandusky's November arrest. He faced persistent calls from alumni and fellow board members to step down.

An internal investigation by former FBI Director Louis Freeh (LOO'-ee free) found Garban was briefed twice about developments in the Sandusky case but didn't share what he knew with the entire board. That deprived trustees of a chance to prepare for the worst crisis in Penn State's 157-year history.

Sandusky was convicted last month of sexually abusing 10 boys, sometimes on campus.

I think that PSU is going to have to shut down the FB program itself to start their way back out of this mess. I can't see how else the screaming starts to die down.

I had to think thrice about posting this video, because I didn't want to make light of this issue. But as I watched it I became aware of a surreal parallel between, this situation and the clip.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

And this. Momentum is building for the shutdown. Everyday brings a new chorus of demands.

NCAA should allow Penn State players to transfer without restrictions, an advocacy group says

Tue, Jul 17, 2012 10:43 PM EDT

A student-athlete advocacy group has asked the NCAA to lift all transfer restrictions for Penn State football players, allowing them to switch schools without penalty. The request comes in the wake of the school-funded Freeh Commission concluding that administrators and coaches helped conceal the Jerry Sandusky sexual molestation scandal.

The request would allow any Penn State player to become immediately eligible to play at any other program and still receive a full scholarship. It would also allow other schools to communicate with players about potential transfers. NCAA rules stipulate a player on scholarship who transfers must sit out one year before becoming eligible.

Former UCLA linebacker Ramogi Huma is the president of the National College Players Association. (AP) Citing "an apparent cover-up by Penn State officials" of Sandusky's crimes over a decade, Ramogi Huma, the president of the California-based National College Players Association, called for the NCAA to remember current student-athletes are innocent bystanders in this case.

"While Penn State coaches and administrators have been implicated in heinous activities, Penn State football players have done nothing wrong," Huma wrote in a letter to NCAA president Mark Emmert dated Tuesday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--advocacy-group-penn-state-players-transfer-without-restrictions.html