• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Badet, Freedom HS, Orlando, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I think we should let Databull and slick1ru2 make an arguement thread and just go at it considering they both love to fight on the internet and never realize they're wrong.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Kentucky needs sec level talent to compete. Going after our guys isn't going to get it done.

SEC talent I believe is a misnomer.  There is no doubt the SEC has a lot of psychological clout going for them. There is plenty of talent available and coaching is also an issue.  UL beat the gators.  The gators were ranked 3rd.  How could they loose to all that non SEC talent.

USF can get the required talent..  The SEC "BS" reminds me of the "Shock and Awe"  and we know what happened there.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think we should let Databull and slick1ru2 make an arguement thread and just go at it considering they both love to fight on the internet and never realize they're wrong.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

And you have to have the worlds largest Green and Gold goggle to possibly believe that anyone is going to parlay a USF offer into an SEC offer. What on earth makes you think that Kentucky cares who USF offers? Do you think USF coaches watch to see who FAU offers and run after those recruits?

Not exactly that but staffs do keep track of who is recruiting whom. Schools from outside the area do track who the local schools are after and use that information in addition to, not in lieu of, their own evaluation of a player.

So again I ask you, are we chasing FAU recruits to come to USF or are we going after FSU recruits?

According to this theory, our coaches watch to see who FAU and Stetson offer so that we can offer them as well.

We watch everyone. We watch FSU so we know if they're moving on from a guy and we watch FAU to know if a guu is blowing up under the radar.

For example, if bill snyder was recruiting a juco what is the general perception of the recruit? Must be a solid b player. If we offer someohe bwfore anyone else does it makes other coaches look at that kid. They're not offering because we did, but it usually causes a second look. Also looking at who usf, ul, wvu etc recruits is a good idea for what may get past the bigger schools. Places like UK that traditionally do not recruit here get a free look at what they may be able to horn in on.

The reason that UK is on these kids is because they now have a head coach from Florida with several Florida assistants on staff.  They knew about these kids already, they didn't look at the USF list and drool all over it.  Be real.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

The reason that UK is on these kids is because they now have a head coach from Florida with several Florida assistants on staff.  They knew about these kids already, they didn't look at the USF list and drool all over it.  Be real.

Also a lot of the kids fit the types of Off/Def that UK is running now under Neal Brown/Stoops that Willie Taggart. Holtz was more of a spread offense and Badet fits that system better.

The reason that UK is on these kids is because they now have a head coach from Florida with several Florida assistants on staff. They knew about these kids already, they didn't look at the USF list and drool all over it. Be real.

Who said they drooled over the usf list? You think a staff with 7 weeks to recruit starts at the ground floor in their evaluations?

Also, since stoops came from fsu and was recruiting them before how many is UK competing with fsu for? How many uk commits had fsu offers?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm pleased with our current WR corps and if Bidet's scholarship goes to a solid addition to our secondary or d-line, all the better.

The reason that UK is on these kids is because they now have a head coach from Florida with several Florida assistants on staff. They knew about these kids already, they didn't look at the USF list and drool all over it. Be real.

Who said they drooled over the usf list? You think a staff with 7 weeks to recruit starts at the ground floor in their evaluations?

Also, since stoops came from fsu and was recruiting them before how many is UK competing with fsu for? How many uk commits had fsu offers?

Evidently you have missed my point.  There are lots of people on here that keep saying kids like Badet took the USF offer so that other schools (UK, UCLA) would be interested in them.  According to some, Badet would not have gotten interest from UK or UCLA if he had not publicly committed to USF.   

I say that is hogwash.

Oh. If that is your point I agree with it.