• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Badet, Freedom HS, Orlando, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Oh. If that is your point I agree with it.

Tell Bullwinkle and SouthShore.

DB I don't think Badet used our offer in an effort to gain better offers.... what I'm saying... and I think Bill is too... is this.

Badet was offered by Holtz in an attempt to lock up AW... that's pretty well known. Bill is correct when he says that Badet was a relative unknown before he was offered by USF. He also played the same game at UK... UK offered him in an attempt to get AW.... hell UCLA just did the same thing last week. It's not like we were the only school that did it.

I don't think Badet pushed for our offer in a blatant attempt to get a better offer.... I think his friendship with AW was a much bigger factor in his getting offers. 

That is a more understandable position, though I still disagree.  While I understand that a school might take two guys at the same time, I highly doubt that UK and UCLA offered Badet hoping to get AW.  I don't think they would get stuck with an inferior recruit on the off chance they could get a QB that some on here consider terrible.

Also, while that is your position, there have been more than one person on here arguing that both AW and Badet are marginal recruits that only became big time recruits only because they committed to USF a few months ago.

IF (big "IF") UCLA offered Badet a scholarship, do you REALLY think he'd have gotten an offer from UCLA?  Those guys aren't searching more marginal 3 stars, 3000 miles away.  My guess, assuming Badet was truthful, was that UCLA dangled something in front of Badet to try to get Woulard to commit.  Once they didn't get the bite from AW, they backed away. 

This lines up with my guess he's headed to Clemson...but with the group of pals headed to UK, I wouldn't be surprised if AW went to UK.  Their fans gushed over his Twitter FAR more than any other school, and I think that may be a thick enough hook to snag AW.  I won't be tuning in to ESPN to watch the goofy hat trick, but will be looking forward to when the fax machines shut down for the day, and we can count our haul, and focus on spring practice.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Is there a reason why we're still talking about this kid? He committed elsewhere and he's not a big loss for us. Time to move on fellas.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Is there a reason why we're still talking about this kid

Just spinning some damage control ...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Is there a reason why we're still talking about this kid

Just spinning some damage control ...

Not much else to discuss at the moment.

haha well in that case, keep it going. NSD cant come any sooner! :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

Badet , isn't that something the French have in all of their bathrooms?

It next to the tiolet Bowl that he will be playing in.

Go Bulls

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

16365117.jpg

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,421
  • Days Won:  3

16365117.jpg

Not realy  I believe Jojo is a class act and I wish him the best at Kentucky,, Badet IMO is a "player" and not nearly the class as Jojo.  I also believe Jojo will have a much better chance of the NFL because of his deep down dedication. to his family and friends..Just wish we could of landed Jojo and  Badet..reminds me to much of Ford not a team player.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

HA HA! Butt hurt AGAIN! With cartoons this time!

Cleverest comments EVER!!!