• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Badet, Freedom HS, Orlando, FL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

The reason that UK is on these kids is because they now have a head coach from Florida with several Florida assistants on staff. They knew about these kids already, they didn't look at the USF list and drool all over it. Be real.

Who said they drooled over the usf list? You think a staff with 7 weeks to recruit starts at the ground floor in their evaluations?

Also, since stoops came from fsu and was recruiting them before how many is UK competing with fsu for? How many uk commits had fsu offers?

Evidently you have missed my point.  There are lots of people on here that keep saying kids like Badet took the USF offer so that other schools (UK, UCLA) would be interested in them.  According to some, Badet would not have gotten interest from UK or UCLA if he had not publicly committed to USF.   

I say that is hogwash.

It's not that Badet was trying to pull a grand scam, but it's what our offer did for him. He had diddly squat when we offered him and all of his tape didn't get him the offers. He parlayed his friendship with AW and our offer into getting better coverage. Nobody had ever heard of JB six months ago. NOBODY!!!! I'm still not convinced he is gonna ever see the field, even at hapless UK.. We offered him as a favor to AW. CWT didn't pursue him. This was a Holtz idea and we can see where those ideas got us.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Can't argue with Bill on this one.... that's exactly how it went down. Good luck to Badet... I hope he gets a great education at UK. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm pleased with our current WR corps and if Bidet's scholarship goes to a solid addition to our secondary or d-line, all the better.

Valdes is better, but I'm guessing he goes to NC Sate.

UK has 3 WRs ranked ahead of Bidet in this class...he may wind up watching Kemp ascend, while he languishes.  That said, no bitterness, as I think the Badet departure was mutual...we don't need him, like we'd need a Coley or Johnson.

Oh. If that is your point I agree with it.

Tell Bullwinkle and SouthShore.

DB I don't think Badet used our offer in an effort to gain better offers.... what I'm saying... and I think Bill is too... is this.

Badet was offered by Holtz in an attempt to lock up AW... that's pretty well known. Bill is correct when he says that Badet was a relative unknown before he was offered by USF. He also played the same game at UK... UK offered him in an attempt to get AW.... hell UCLA just did the same thing last week. It's not like we were the only school that did it.

I don't think Badet pushed for our offer in a blatant attempt to get a better offer.... I think his friendship with AW was a much bigger factor in his getting offers. 

BTW... I think it should be pointed out that Badet was never actively recruited by USF after CWT was hired. I think there may have been one home visit but he doesn't fit in CWT's offense at all. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

DB I don't think Badet used our offer in an effort to gain better offers.... what I'm saying... and I think Bill is too... is this.

Badet was offered by Holtz in an attempt to lock up AW... that's pretty well known. Bill is correct when he says that Badet was a relative unknown before he was offered by USF. He also played the same game at UK... UK offered him in an attempt to get AW.... hell UCLA just did the same thing last week. It's not like we were the only school that did it.

I don't think Badet pushed for our offer in a blatant attempt to get a better offer.... I think his friendship with AW was a much bigger factor in his getting offers. 

That is a more understandable position, though I still disagree.  While I understand that a school might take two guys at the same time, I highly doubt that UK and UCLA offered Badet hoping to get AW.  I don't think they would get stuck with an inferior recruit on the off chance they could get a QB that some on here consider terrible.

Also, while that is your position, there have been more than one person on here arguing that both AW and Badet are marginal recruits that only became big time recruits only because they committed to USF a few months ago.

Also, while that is your position, there have been more than one person on here arguing that both AW and Badet are marginal recruits that only became big time recruits only because they committed to USF a few months ago.

I would agree that AW and Badet are both marginal from what I've seen both in person and on film. I would also concur that while it wasn't the only reason, the stepping point at which both began to be noticed was when they committed to USF. I'm not saying it was the main reason... but I believe a BCS conference school offering provided a jump start.... especially for Badet.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

That is a more understandable position, though I still disagree.  While I understand that a school might take two guys at the same time, I highly doubt that UK and UCLA offered Badet hoping to get AW.  I don't think they would get stuck with an inferior recruit on the off chance they could get a QB that some on here consider terrible.

DB i'm not playing sour grapes here. I think JB was a reasonable addition added to AW. I never thought he was a stand-alone find for us. It's no coincidence that USF interest in Badet began contemporaneously with Woulard's Dad's efforts to promote him. Not saying he was a bad catch, just that his whole ascension began with the recommendation and has tracked it ever since. It's why I would prolly guess AW is headed to UK. God bless em. Maybe they can win 3 games next year. Personally after watching the show, I think they both flame out, but I could be wrong. Only time will tell.

• Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

It's not that Badet was trying to pull a grand scam, but it's what our offer did for him. He had diddly squat when we offered him and all of his tape didn't get him the offers. He parlayed his friendship with AW and our offer into getting better coverage. Nobody had ever heard of JB six months ago. NOBODY!!!!

I wouldn't call Louisville or Boston College a NOBODY. They both had offered Badet before we did.