• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Classic...Jesus our last commissioner was awful...how could we not that cash already. I wonder what kind of case TCU has considering they never played in the BE.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Classic...Jesus our last commissioner was awful...how could we not that cash already. I wonder what kind of case TCU has considering they never played in the BE.

Depends on the contract they signed. If it specifically stipulated that they would have to pay a the exit fee if they did not join then it may be open and shut. They would argue that they signed up to join a league with Pitt and Cuse in it, etc. I doubt that would hold up. It all depends on if they basically agreed to be bound to the bylaws.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Classic...Jesus our last commissioner was awful...how could we not that cash already.

Seriously? Was he supposed to send thugs over to break their legs if they refused to pay?

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Glad to see tings are still getting done with this interim commish. Hey, $5 million is $5 million, so why not go after it.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

How about you send the check, we release you. No dough, no go.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Outside of the Agreement TCU entered into with the BE, we do not know what other agreements and/or promises were made by TCU (preferrably in writing) to pay the exit fee to leave early based on the fact that they never officially left their conference to join the BE. Emails will probably play an integral part of this lawsuit. I am happy to see that the BE is enforcing its agreement with TCU.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I agree with suing them. A contract is a contract. If they don't have a valid exit clause that they are utilizing, then they should pay the fee they agreed to. They caused even more harm by not ever playing a game in our conference. BE should also sue for the additional damage it caused to the league.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with suing them. A contract is a contract. If they don't have a valid exit clause that they are utilizing, then they should pay the fee they agreed to. They caused even more harm by not ever playing a game in our conference. BE should also sue for the additional damage it caused to the league.

I agree, but can you prove what additional damages are and quantify/monetize them?