• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here's McMurphy. Re: Big East Media deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I hate the new BE, but it appears a bit more stable than the acc... Has to help out our $ chances

I hate the new BE, but it appears a bit more stable than the acc... Has to help out our $ chances

acc will always be a better brand and get more money

always

Put your $ where your mouth is?

not a money problem

it is a leadership problem

usf has more than enough financial support to win big east and has had it for years

you sound like a republican thinking throwing money at situation will make it better

No, not even close; I'll never vote for a republican or democrat... I'd vote Ron Paul if he ran as an independent

My point is that you used definitives in your statement which either makes you Ms Cleo or someone who readies, fires, but forgets to aim.... No one knows where this will end, so to say always makes a prediction that cannot be backed; especially since the BE has survived two raids and it looks like the ACC will get a challenge... No one knows man

As far as the $ comment goes, it triggered you to think.... Your a lawyer, you all have the same triggers

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

always

not a money problem

usf has more than enough financial support to win big east and has had it for years

you sound like a republican thinking throwing money at situation will make it better

No, not even close; I'll never vote for a republican or democrat... I'd vote Ron Paul if he ran as an independent

My point is that you used definitives in your statement which either makes you Ms Cleo or someone who readies, fires, but forgets to aim.... No one knows where this will end, so to say always makes a prediction that cannot be backed; especially since the BE has survived two raids and it looks like the ACC will get a challenge... No one knows man

As far as the $ comment goes, it triggered you to think.... Your a lawyer, you all have the same triggers

I say bring back the guillotine and behead em all.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

always

not a money problem

Chalk up another victim of the Smazza Posting Vortex ... you've been sucked in.

Never a good idea to waste precious logic and time responding to his drive-bys ... you can't get those minutes and thinking energy back.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The anti-Brett sentiment continues. If Greg Auman had written the same story, people wouldn't dump on him. Funny that a softball coach sent a thank you tweet to Brett McMurphy among others for his support of the ladies this weeken. You see... Brett isn't despised by all for those of you who believes he's anti-USF. Hew reports the information that he's given. Sometimes that information is wrong... but recently, it's been dead on.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Right or wrong Sheriff, he has been a little ***** in the process... If you can tell me he was honest in his reporting of the Leavitt situation I got a bridge to sell ya. Just my 2 cents...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

$0.02 for a bridge? Where do I sign up! :D

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

What wasn't true about the Leavitt story? Leavitt hit the kid which got reported. Leavitt then met with the kid and his parents at midnight to cover it up. Leavitt then settled with the university for $5M less for what his contract stipulated and never went after the Trib for libel to his name (and essentially costing him his job). Did I miss something here - and I'm not trying to be argumentive - I'm stating what I recall from the whole downfall of Jim.

There were other stories that Brett missed on that people will point out (because Brett doesn't out his sources)... I do get that. However, the Leavitt story was pretty cut and dry.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

I am kind of w/ the sherriff on this. I was mored irked about the USF article blocking UCF that may have led to Pitt and Syracuse leaving. That gives bad press on the school versus just 1 individual.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

The anti-Brett sentiment continues. If Greg Auman had written the same story, people wouldn't dump on him. Funny that a softball coach sent a thank you tweet to Brett McMurphy among others for his support of the ladies this weeken. You see... Brett isn't despised by all for those of you who believes he's anti-USF. Hew reports the information that he's given. Sometimes that information is wrong... but recently, it's been dead on.

Use the logic in your brain.

No way one guy, recent president of CBS Sports says our deal could be 130 M a year, and somehow his unamed sources say 50. Heck, I just checked with an unnamed industry source in my office and he said we will get 250M a year.... hmmm

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Gosh golly gee(think Gomer Pyle) - If you are an "an Industry spokesman"(whatever that is ?) every Network out there doesn't want to get in a bidding war so what do you do ? Make sure your contacts and espeically the press gets fed very low numbers. I think I want the bidding to start at 50 million not 150 million ! DUH !

Edited by dabull80