• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Talk about million dollar fields. Driving through Texas while working blows my mind at some of the high school stadiums that have been built. Larry Coker was on XM the other day talking about the difference between a Texas high school football player and a Florida high school football player. He noted the big difference is the coaching and facilities at the high school ranks. In Florida, you get kids that haven't reached their potential because the coaching and facilities are typically sub-par. In Texas, the kids sometimes peak in high school because the facilities and coaching are so advanced. There's not as much upside for an athlete. It was a pretty interesting interview with him.

I remember reading an article about a stadium being built in Allen TX for their high school. I believe the new stadium holds 20K. Compare that to the powerhouses in our area (Armwood, Plant, etc) which probably hold around 5K.

Yup...

$60 million for the High School stadium!

...UCF's stadium was $55 million :roflmao:

slide-11.jpg

http://www.businessinsider.com/check-out-this-60-million-high-school-football-stadium-in-allen-texas-2010-4

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

It's all a bunch of bull. If armwood was a private school the could recruit kids just like. Tc and Jesuit. I can tell you I don't pay 10k a yr for my son to go there and neither do the other kids who played for the Tampa bay Spartans unlimited weight team that happens to play there home games on this wonderful million dollar football field off himes blvd

Some private schools like Jesuit get around "recruiting" by having promising athletes take an "academic" test that they, of course, pass with flying colors and an academic scholarship is offered. I don't think the player even get the 'graded' test back, if it is even graded at all.

That's a load of BS dude.

Everyone has to take that academic test. I did. So did my brother. We both graduated from there. I went to USF. He went to Miami.

Has anyone here actually attended Jesuit besides me? Anyone?

I was not on the football team, I ran cross country, but if we were recruiting, then we would have been in the late rounds of the FHSAA playoffs yearly for football. We made it to the 4th round in my freshman year in 2002 and after that we might have made the third round once between 2002 and 2006. As for cross country, we worked our butts off-if we recruited, then Coach Boza surely wasn't working hard enough.

In your favor, I recently had a discussion with my counselor from my senior year there and he did state that the school has not done as well in recent years academically.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

O

It's all a bunch of bull. If armwood was a private school the could recruit kids just like. Tc and Jesuit. I can tell you I don't pay 10k a yr for my son to go there and neither do the other kids who played for the Tampa bay Spartans unlimited weight team that happens to play there home games on this wonderful million dollar football field off himes blvd

Some private schools like Jesuit get around "recruiting" by having promising athletes take an "academic" test that they, of course, pass with flying colors and an academic scholarship is offered. I don't think the player even get the 'graded' test back, if it is even graded at all.

That's a load of BS dude.

Everyone has to take that academic test. I did. So did my brother. We both graduated from there. I went to USF. He went to Miami.

Has anyone here actually attended Jesuit besides me? Anyone?

I was not on the football team, I ran cross country, but if we were recruiting, then we would have been in the late rounds of the FHSAA playoffs yearly for football. We made it to the 4th round in my freshman year in 2002 and after that we might have made the third round once between 2002 and 2006. As for cross country, we worked our butts off-if we recruited, then Coach Boza surely wasn't working hard enough.

In your favor, I recently had a discussion with my counselor from my senior year there and he did state that the school has not done as well in recent years academically.

Ok Mr cross country you win since no one was recruiting cross country all stars at Jesuit. I did not attend Jesuit but I sat in the living room with the coaches explaining the benefits of attending this great school. I also get the bill and know how much of it I pay. btw sorry you didnt get recruited.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

You may have missed his point in your attempt to gloss and deflect....

If Jesuit and TC are recruiting so much then why have their football teams been less than average for close to the last decade?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe they just started letting the community leagues use the football fields within the last 2 years. I would say look at the team from last year and what you can expect from them in the next few years.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Pretty interesting comments under that link for the high school stadium in Allen, TX.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It is pretty simple. If you want your child to attend a particular school - MOVE!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

County AD cracks me up.... says it will take the full 10 days to submit their response to the FHSAA. Really? TECO has already confirmed that their employee falsified the paperwork indicating that the student was living in the district... that one thing right there is enough to make them forfeit the entire season and title. Exactly how are you going to respond to that? TECO mis-remembered? LOL

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

County AD cracks me up.... says it will take the full 10 days to submit their response to the FHSAA. Really? TECO has already confirmed that their employee falsified the paperwork indicating that the student was living in the district... that one thing right there is enough to make them forfeit the entire season and title. Exactly how are you going to respond to that? TECO mis-remembered? LOL

Wow. So if you were the AD you wouldn't take as much time as you were given to do the best job you could to defend your school against any fines or punishment? I believe there's probably a way to both step up and admit you could have done a better job while also pointing out those things you had no contol of. Heck, the example you gave is one that I don't think you can blame on the school. A phony bill created by a TECO employee? Had to be a quality job.

I wish they would expell the student from the entire county if they or their parents were caught lying. Maybe then parents would think twice before trying it. May sound severe but this is not a heat of the moment mistake - they have a whole lot of time to realize what they're doing is wrong and correct it.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

Once again, this would be so simple. IF you choose to transfer to another school you MUST sit out one year. NO EXCEPTIONS!