• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

ND to Big 12 just seems like too much of an odd pairing. I mean after all these years of going it alone they're going to give it up for a conference made up of teams predominantly from the southwest?

No. They probably won't, but that's probably the Twitter rumor. That means, DONE DEAL

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

If you aren't interested in what is happening behind the scenes, don't read the thread. You obviously have figured out by now what the thread contains.

What is the purpose of coming in here and criticizing all the time, other than to act like a jerk?

Wait. Does This Notre Dame rumor Mean that the FSU/Clemson done deal was just a rumor?

Nooooooooooo!

Nope. It means that Notre Dame caused the Big 12 to kick Clemson to the curb, just like WVU jumping in a showing interest caused the Big 12 to kick Louisville to the curb last year. The Big 12 doesn't leadership doesn't have much in the way of scruples.

Last year?? It was only a month ago that UL to the Big 12 was a done deal ....

... and does this mean the done deal NOW is FSU and ND to the Big 12?

See previous post.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

ND to Big 12 just seems like too much of an odd pairing. I mean after all these years of going it alone they're going to give it up for a conference made up of teams predominantly from the southwest?

I completely agree. I think it's very short sighted of ND to join the B12 to keep some edge on their TV deal. They should be in the B10 if they join a conference. Well, they should be in the big East, but we all know that's never going to happen.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

If you aren't interested in what is happening behind the scenes, don't read the thread.

What is supposedly happening behind the scenes ...

What is the purpose of coming in here and criticizing all the time, other than to act like a jerk?

Keeping the thread grounded ... but I do agree that us inserting a realty check every other post is annoying. Joe, Ga and I probably need to work out a schedule where there isn't so much redundancy.

• Upvote 1

If you aren't interested in what is happening behind the scenes, don't read the thread.

Yeah, there is really nothing going on. When these teams move, it's because someone wakes up in the morning and decides to move their school to another conference.

These things take months of negotiation, that should be rather obvious. It should also be rather obvious that it would be neigh impossible to keep the negotiations a complete secret.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Yeah, there is really nothing going on. When these teams move, it's because someone wakes up in the morning and decides to move their school to another conference.

These things take months of negotiation, that should be rather obvious. It should also be rather obvious that it would be neigh impossible to keep the negotiations a complete secret.

Agree with that completely ... Point is there are very few outside of the ones actually doing the talking that know what's really being said. "Supposedly happening" is a pretty accurate description of what's being posted here.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Most of the stuff I have read says NBC is about to reup with ND bigtime...and that they will have a place somehow in the Playoff system...so where is all the B12 stuff coming from? None of the ND boards are even mentioning it...just wondering.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Most people post these supposedlys as FACT. That's the issue.

Most of the stuff I have read says NBC is about to reup with ND bigtime...and that they will have a place somehow in the Playoff system...so where is all the B12 stuff coming from? None of the ND boards are even mentioning it...just wondering.

Most of the stuff I've read says that ND doesn't have a place carved out in the playoff system, and the NBC situation is fluid.