• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice fieldhouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  197
  • Days Won:  0

I hope they continue the momentum with this project as well, maybe one of us should call the foundation and see where we are in the process. I always wonder why the university does not make formal donation requests for these projects, it worries me that if they do not ask, then it becomes easier for them to back out of these things. Hopefully I'm wrong. The cost is not ridiculous, one year of requests should suffice, even if they are starting from zero funds. Its amazing the amount of funds much smaller organizations can raise, this is a major university....

With conference expansion, I think we are going to have to show that we are committed to investing in the program. We have taken care of the other sports, lets get football going.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't know why people are so fixated on the University Mall. It's not on campus, and you'd still have to drive to get there. You want somewhere students can walk to. Theres land on the corner of Fowler and 30th (Next to the embassy suites)

if that doesnt work there's a GIANT FOREST right next to The Claw by fletcher. (Not sure how much of that is Lettuce Lake Park though)

Google map it to check it out.

http://maps.google.c...ed=0CIABEPwSMAQ

Back to the indoor facility, I know I'd throw my hat in for some donation money to the facility...they should start asking now!

BINGO on the Mall. It would still not be an on campus stadium.

Neither would the Giant Forrest. Lots of other Environmental and other issues with the Northern Property there too.

How about we take all that land from the stupid Renaissance Festival and build the stadium there....there's just not room on campus for a stadium unless you expand the campus and take over land.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I hope they continue the momentum with this project as well, maybe one of us should call the foundation and see where we are in the process. I always wonder why the university does not make formal donation requests for these projects, it worries me that if they do not ask, then it becomes easier for them to back out of these things. Hopefully I'm wrong. The cost is not ridiculous, one year of requests should suffice, even if they are starting from zero funds. Its amazing the amount of funds much smaller organizations can raise, this is a major university....

With conference expansion, I think we are going to have to show that we are committed to investing in the program. We have taken care of the other sports, lets get football going.

THIS!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

Why don't they use part of the outdoor facility? Like enclose the artificial turf field and leave the natural grass field outside.

I think they want it for more than football.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

How about we take all that land from the stupid Renaissance Festival and build the stadium there....there's just not room on campus for a stadium unless you expand the campus and take over land.

Yes there is.... and it's already been earmarked for an OCS... have some patience.

The current varsity tennis complex is slated to be relocated over behind the new softball stadium... that area with the parking lot there at the corner will be where the OCS will go. Just south of the Greek Village.

Yes there's room.... someone took a scale version of Papa John Stadium over the map there and it fits quite nicely.

It'll happen when it's supposed to happen.... probably 5-10 years.

University Square Mall is still making it's owners money and it's not going anywhere.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Why don't they use part of the outdoor facility? Like enclose the artificial turf field and leave the natural grass field outside.

I think they want it for more than football.

Yes... it's going to be for all teams... not just football.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I don't know why people are so fixated on the University Mall. It's not on campus, and you'd still have to drive to get there. You want somewhere students can walk to. Theres land on the corner of Fowler and 30th (Next to the embassy suites)

if that doesnt work there's a GIANT FOREST right next to The Claw by fletcher. (Not sure how much of that is Lettuce Lake Park though)

Google map it to check it out.

http://maps.google.c...ed=0CIABEPwSMAQ

Back to the indoor facility, I know I'd throw my hat in for some donation money to the facility...they should start asking now!

The giant forest is state-protected wetland. Not going to happen there without some legislative heavy lifting.

Edit: Looks like crambone was the first to remind everyone of this property's status.

Edited by Paisa el Toro

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

HOW MUCH WOULD THIS COST?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

I had lunch with Eric the other day and asked about donation opportunities. The indoor practice field wasn't mentioned. But I has asked about basketball. Eric, if you are listening, is there something for the indoor practice facility?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

HOW MUCH WOULD THIS COST?

The estimate is $14 million