• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Indoor practice fieldhouse

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

their basketball arena looks nice tho

Their hoops arena is awesome ..

The outside and surrounding area is really nice.........was a bit let down by the inside though............felt like I was in a hotel walking into a seminar or something. Didn't feel much like an arena.

I was just going by looks ... haven't had, won't ever have, the pleasure of seeing it in person.

I posted a pic in the Sun Dome renovation thread

The outside of UCF's stadium looks great, I admit... but the inside... its a complete letdown. It looks like they spent 75% of the project cost on outside looks.

Mind you when a game is being played... 75% of the shots are on the inside.

Decided to look it up and post it again:

IMG_2841.JPG

2108194442_9b0e460587.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

their basketball arena looks nice tho

Their hoops arena is awesome ..

The outside and surrounding area is really nice.........was a bit let down by the inside though............felt like I was in a hotel walking into a seminar or something. Didn't feel much like an arena.

I was just going by looks ... haven't had, won't ever have, the pleasure of seeing it in person.

I posted a pic in the Sun Dome renovation thread

The outside of UCF's stadium looks great, I admit... but the inside... its a complete letdown. It looks like they spent 75% of the project cost on outside looks.

Mind you when a game is being played... 75% of the shots are on the inside.

Decided to look it up and post it again:

IMG_2841.JPG

2108194442_9b0e460587.jpg

I guess you had to be there .... The inside really doesn't look that bad except for the butt ugly, huge kanigit on the court. I'm so glad we're going more tradtional in that regard ...

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i think it looks pretty good inside

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Saw a concert there... pretty nice arena.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

UCF fans like to say they have great facilities, but in actuality, they dont. The UCF Arena looks nice on the outside, thats it. Their football stadium and field house were so cheaply made, they might as well not have wasted the money. Everything they build is metal, on the cheap. If you're going to do something, do it right. UCF does not follow this.

i agree its all cheap but their game day atmosphere is better than ours... on campus football is what its all about... it makes a big difference, i dont care what the stadium looks like i'd still rather be on campus every weekend. Eventually UCF will put a facade around it and it will be similar to doak.

their basketball arena is very nice for college basketball

their basketball arena was pretty **** expensive... 107 million (120 mil today)

i agree its all cheap but their game day atmosphere is better than ours... on campus football is what its all about... it makes a big difference, i dont care what the stadium looks like i'd still rather be on campus every weekend. Eventually UCF will put a facade around it and it will be similar to doak.

their basketball arena is very nice for college basketball

I agree, on campus football stadiums have a much better atmosphere, you know Im a big supporter of that. I was just saying how everything they do, they do it quickly and cheaply. Not a very good long term vision in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I drove by campus on Sunday, and it appears that they are removing the basketball hoops from the public basketball courts right outside of the Track Stadium, which is where the Indoor Facility is supposed to be built. Anyone have any info as to whether the removal of the hoops are an indication that they are moving along with the Indoor Facility?

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

I drove by campus on Sunday, and it appears that they are removing the basketball hoops from the public basketball courts right outside of the Track Stadium, which is where the Indoor Facility is supposed to be built. Anyone have any info as to whether the removal of the hoops are an indication that they are moving along with the Indoor Facility?

Or maybe just that fact that they some of them were missing actual hoops and the court is full of pot holes. Could just be they are repaving and improving the courts.