• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Anthony Ray

@ArizonaPreps

Anthony Ray is a basketball scout and the McDonald's All-American contact for the state of Arizona, and the senior editor for ArizonaPreps.com.

Phoenix, Arizona · http://www.arizonapreps.com

Anthony Ray †@ArizonaPreps

University of South Florida sophomore point guard Blake Nash has asked for his release and will transfer schools.

3:33 PM - 11 Apr 12 via Twitter for Android · Details

WTF? We better be landing Cassell.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Anthony Ray @ArizonaPreps Anthony Ray is a basketball scout and the McDonald's All-American contact for the state of Arizona, and the senior editor for ArizonaPreps.com. Phoenix, Arizona · http://www.arizonapreps.com Anthony Ray †@ArizonaPreps University of South Florida sophomore point guard Blake Nash has asked for his release and will transfer schools. 3:33 PM - 11 Apr 12 via Twitter for Android · Details
WTF? We better be landing Cassell.
Greg Auman was asked about that in his chat today: 11:55 spacer.gif [Comment From GuestGuest: ]

Heard Blake Nash is intending to transfer because of all the guards being brought in. Heard anything on that front?

fb_share2.png Thursday April 12, 2012 11:55 Guest 11:57 spacer.gif

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying he intends to transfer, but I think it's a strong possibility. There was a moment in NCAA game vs. Ohio where he struggled to bring ball up against press, and to get on court, he needs to be reliable ballhandler. His two-guard minutes are only going to shrink when you add Hawkins and Abdul-Aleem and Brock (and potentially Cassell).

fb_share2.png

11:57 He only has two years left, so you'd think he has to sit one to play one, but I believe there's a family illness that would give him a viable waiver to play immediately if he could find a transfer school somewhere in the southwest, in Arizona or Southern California.

Thursday April 12, 2012 11:57

11:58 I think Heath would welcome him back if he chooses to return, but would understand if he left to find minutes elsewhere.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Nash transferring is not a big deal. In fact its something I've come to expect now under Heath. He seems to be improving the talent pool at USF and the lower end of the bench has been transferring out to get minutes elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I like Nash, and he certainly contributed this season (look at the first Villanova game). I guess this is a good problem to have, as its a sign of our growth.

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Nash moving on is a disappointment. He was/is a good back up point guard at this level. I selfishly hope he stays and continues to develop

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

APRIL 12, 2012

Bulls looking at FAU transfer forward White

In addition to Baltimore high school guard Sam Cassell Jr., USF coach Stan Heath will have another recruit on campus for a visit this weekend in Kore White, a 6-foot-8, 245-pound power forward who would be a graduate transfer from Florida Atlantic.

White (his first name is pronounced like "Corey") averaged 7.7 points and a team-best 4.5 rebounds for the Owls (11-19) last season, and 8.2 points and 5.0 rebounds in 2010-11. He started his career at Marshall, but transferred after one season. He'll graduate in May with a degree in sociology, allowing him to transfer and play his final season immediately.

"I saw (USF) had a good year this year and looked into what they were losing (to graduation). I felt like I could fit in and help a team that's already pretty good," said White, who is also considering DePaul, LaSalle and Florida Gulf Coast and intends to visit his other options before making his decision.

White, who won a state title at Fort Lauderdale's Dillard High in 2008, would give the Bulls depth where they need it most, having lost seniors Ron Anderson and Augustus Gilchrist from this year's team. USF has forward Toarlyn Fitzpatrick returning as a senior, with centers Waverly Austin and Jordan Omogbehin and forward Zach LeDay in their first seasons in 2012-13. White said he's known Fitzpatrick since they played in AAU tournaments in high school. He said he thinks of Gilchrist as a player whose style matches his own as much as any player in college basketball.

When FAU beat USF in Boca Raton in 2010, White played well, getting 11 points and six rebounds in the Owls' 50-42 win. USF beat FAU in Tampa this season, with White scoring seven points in that game. He had a season-high 23 points late in the season in a double-overtime win against North Texas.

White acknowledged that he was transferring because of differences between himself and Owls coach Mike Jarvis. When his departure was announced, Jarvis told FAUowlaccess.com that "it was mutually agreed upon that he needs to move on. I'm ready to end this relationship and so is he."

"It just didn't work out between us," White said. "I thought it was time for a change."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/bulls-looking-fau-transfer-forward-white#comments

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

keep him

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

According to this guy Nash is leaving the USF Bulls. I mean if true it certainly wouldn't be a shock to anybody. Coach Heath would also have 2 open scholarships to use for the 2012 class or just hold 1 over for the 2013 class.

Anthony Ray †@ArizonaPreps

University of South Florida sophomore point guard Blake Nash has asked for his release and will transfer schools.

http://twitter.com/#!/ArizonaPreps

Will miss Nash but we thank him for being a huge part of that Big Win at Nova when Collins went down. He was part of arguably the best offensive performance of the regular season.

I see Mama_Bull already had it up. The Mod can just delete this topic

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If Bulls get Cassell Jr then Nash is not going to play. Also I don't like the Kore White guy. I would much rather go with what we have and playing Rudd at the 4 spot some.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

If Bulls get Cassell Jr then Nash is not going to play. Also I don't like the Kore White guy. I would much rather go with what we have and playing Rudd at the 4 spot some.

This. He would only be here for one year and the only upside I see to him is that he does bring veteran experience. Other than that, I'm not sure what value he brings, or if he's even capable of handling the Big East (C-USA and Sun Belt not exactly the same level).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

This. He would only be here for one year and the only upside I see to him is that he does bring veteran experience. Other than that, I'm not sure what value he brings,

Don't like the just one year either ... Do like the veteran experience but he didn't exactly get a glowing recommendation from his former coach, at least publicly ...

or if he's even capable of handling the Big East (C-USA and Sun Belt not exactly the same level).

This part I leave to the coaches' evaluation. We already have one CUSA/Sun Belt type who they think can handle it .... Plus, the Big East and Texas high schools aren't exactly the same level either but we a guy adjust pretty well. ;)