• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

Think it would be a no lose situation to bring white in. At this point in the Recruiting year who else would they recieve a commitment from. Having another big body in the Big East is alot better then not having him. Worst case is we have someone else to run out there for 5-8 mins a game who has good feet to play some tough defense. He is like finding a good offensive tackle. You may have a few good ones on your team but if you lose your started you cant put a tailback in for blocking you quarterback blindside.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I guess it depends on what other options we have. I trust Stan to make the right decision on this. Maybe he has somethign else in mind, or maybe White would work as a good backup to Fitz and Rudd at the 4. We'll see... regardless, I like what we have. Heck, we could put 2 centers out at the same time and be fine as Waverly could handle the 4, he is athletic enough... no need to pigeon hole him as a center. Omo @ 5, Austin @ 4, Rudd @ 3, Aleem or Hawkins @ 2, AC @ 1 That is a BIG lineup, that is still athletic enough to run the floor.

I am just drooling over the size and depth we have. Gotta get Cassell though especially with Nash leaving. A good backup is a necessity. We've struggled to even have a good starter, so its nice to be worrying about a backup for once.

Just think about the line up after next season with the 2 kids from Atlanta coming That is a team for the big east to be worried about.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924

basketball talk mid-april, how refreshing is that?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Gotta get Cassell though especially with Nash leaving. A good backup is a necessity. We've struggled to even have a good starter, so its nice to be worrying about a backup for once.

What it's going to boil down to is ego, on two fronts. WIll SC Jr be okay playing second fiddle for the next 3 years or will he choose here thinking he can replace AC? Plus, you've, hopefully, got Davis thrown into the mix in 2013. What's the pg situation like at Maryland?

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Gotta get Cassell though especially with Nash leaving. A good backup is a necessity. We've struggled to even have a good starter, so its nice to be worrying about a backup for once.
What it's going to boil down to is ego, on two fronts. WIll SC Jr be okay playing second fiddle for the next 3 years or will he choose here thinking he can replace AC? Plus, you've, hopefully, got Davis thrown into the mix in 2013. What's the pg situation like at Maryland?

SCJr already knows about Collins and is still visiting this weekend, so I don't think that is a big issue with him. Having Nash leave just helps to land SCJr.

It would defiantly seem the cards are lining up to land Cassell

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It would defiantly seem the cards are lining up to land Cassell

Let's hope he has a great visit.

In the event we don't land him, we have a backup plan just in case, with Andre Applewhite III.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I can understand Nash leaving if Cassell is coming, there will be few minutes for the kid.

That said, he's a pretty good backup. I hope he sticks around, but what are ya gonna do...

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

many teams are successful with 2 great PGs... if SCJ is that good, he has nothing to fear from AC, even if AC is the starter the entire time. He'd get his minutes and even be times when he'd be on the floor WITH AC. In fact, that might happen frequently if we are getting pressed a lot.