• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

If Cassell Jr comes to USF don't be surprised if he is starting along with Collins in the backcourt. Jr is 6-4 so he is tall enough to play at the SG without worrying so much about a mismatch. Poland has potential to be very good but he also is inconsistent just like Rudd. That's why I'm not ready to pencil either of them in as starters at the beginning of the season. Hawkins, Abdul-Aleem, and maybe Cassell Jr can come in with a lot of confidence that they have a chance to start. In fact the only real advantage Rudd and Poland have over the new guys is that they have been through the battles on the college level. Overall skill set is advantage 2012 class.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

after these commercial breaks we will get the answer Duh duh duuuunn

I'm afraid not.

The guy who mentioned "Dan" doesn't want OMOG talking about him.

We currently have at least one scholarship available for 2012.

Demarcus Holland who decommitted from USF will now decide between Texas and USF.

We don't yet know if Rudd will stick with his decision to enter the draft.

There are two players named "Dan" on the Rivals top 100 list for 2012. Both of them appear to have already made commitments to other schools.

I didn't bother to check the lists of top players for 2013 and 2014 to see whether there are any players named Dan.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  247

I did a search of the rosters of some of omg's previous teams and there is a 6'10" center at Atlantic Christian named Daniel Robinson. He could be the guy but he doesn't seem like he is big east level. Maybe a walk on

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

I know everyone is excited about the team and rightly so.

For me, I'm more excited by the fact that our current coaching staff knows what it takes now. What I mean is that to suffer seasons as one of the bottom teams in the Big East and then rising to success and winning games at the NCAA Tournament is such a big lift in morale and experience for our coaches. They have the success formula now.

And then we have young players on the team who also understand this success formula.

It's going to be great from here on out, Bulls!

Man, I still can't believe it's happened for our men's basketball program. I think I'm dreaming or something.

Say, did anyone notice that we made it to the NCAA's in a season that we don't play in the Sun Dome??? --I hope the construction crew removed those burial bones from underneath the Dome!

GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FWIW, I just saw`this tweet from two hours ago:

John Doe †@DJ3476

Kore White from Dillard is transferring to USF... Next years basketball season should be interesting

7:09 PM - 13 Apr 12 via TwitBird

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Ben Standig †@BenStandig

Sam Cassell Jr. update. Spoke briefly w/ Sam Sr. after Wizards practice. No decision until next week. Visit to USF pending.

4:29 PM - 12 Apr 12 via TweetDeck

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

With Nash leaving, we have two scholarships left, right? So we could scholarship White for a year and offer Cassell. SCjr would be a great get and he'd get PT immediately. White would add depth - and it may already be a done deal with him.

I'm still looking forward to football and enjoy our other teams, but basketball is really beginning to take center stage right now. New Dome. Tournament team. A recruiting class that could end up in the top ten if we land Cassell. Another potentially good recruiting class for 2013.

Stan Heath sure knows how to silence his critics. I hope the other CSH is paying attention and will replicate. BCS Bowl (and win) please!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

To be honest..I don't really care for White, I'm not complaining that we picked him up; but I'm not excited about it. What I'd really like to see happen is landing SCjr..now that'd be a HUGE pickup..It would give Collins some much needed resting minutes, and we could play him at the 2 guard when there's full court pressure or if we wanna try a different offense.

But, I just have a funny feeling we won't be landing him..

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I stand by what I said before, I think we were fine w/o White. Yeah some may view it as a low risk/high reward kind of deal but I would much rather see LeDay, Fitz, and Rudd hold down the 4 spot. Also Austin can play there as well. White isn't good enough and at this point of his career he ain't getting better to be the kind of player taking away valuable experience from a much more talented player. I'm very surprised Heath would go this route.

Is there like a connection with a future recruit because of White?

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  1

I just looked at Waverly's last two years at Palm Beach State and he's pretty good. I think he will do nicely as our starting big guy in the paint. He's been the leading scorer and go-to-guy for the last two years, so I think that will help us next year. The leadership is important. Though, he shoots 64% FT, which isn't too good.

And if our other big guy, Mr. 7-footer, can play well (anyone seen him practice?), I think it will be good to have them both inside the paint for the long season.

So, I think Ron & Gus' replacements are going to be okay. On paper, I might even say a small up upgrade at this point.