• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Next Year/USF Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

ugh I wish November would hurry the **** up

• Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

First Football

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796

First Football

First Futbol

• Upvote 1

It is sad that I am not that excited for football season. Hopefully we win against FSU and it turns around. I think it is just all this conference garbage that is killing my football buzz.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

It is sad that I am not that excited for football season. Hopefully we win against FSU and it turns around. I think it is just all this conference garbage that is killing my football buzz.

I look forward to the College FB because the SEC always produces great match ups week after week. Pro Football is what I really want to get here. Can't wait for the opening of that. Meanwhile MLB is satisfying me until the fall.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Ghost you should be excited for football. I look at our team and then get excited how far things have come since I started school at USF when there was no team.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

OMOG is back playing!

T.jordan.Omogbehin â€@Super_human_92

played for the first time since october felt really good. thank God for his blessings

7:07 PM - 18 Jul 12 via web

Ghost you should be excited for football. I look at our team and then get excited how far things have come since I started school at USF when there was no team.

yeah I know and in reality I am excited to see this team on the field. I think this season will be fun. Every time I think about the fact that our future is pretty unstable at this point bums me out a bit. If I knew the BE was becoming stable and on an upward trajectory, I would feel differently. This conference is one team jumping away from a full scale meltdown.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

JULY 19, 2012

Roster update: USF hoops adds Hofstra transfer

Looking forward to getting an updated USF football roster -- new numbers, which walk-ons from spring made the fall 105, any summer attrition, etc. -- but in the meantime, we have an updated Bulls men's basketball roster, highlighted by the arrival of a solid walk-on in Hofstra transfer Shemiye McLendon, a 6-foot-3 shooting guard who averaged 5.4 points per game for the Pride last season.

He's from Vero Beach and also played at IMG in Bradenton, so it's another Florida kid deciding to come back home. Read his Hofstra bio, and you'll see he brings more than most walk-ons -- had 13 points against VCU last season, had a knack for clutch free throws late in games. USF is already overloaded at the two guard, what with Musa Abdul-Aleem, Jawanza Poland, Shaun Noriega and JaVontae Hawkins all competing for minutes, so he even if he is eligible to play this season, it might make sense to redshirt him.

We have new heights and weights, and here's one way junior Victor Rudd has improved his NBA stock -- he's gone from 6-7, 221 last season to being listed at 6-9 and 229, impressive growth for a 21-year-old. Speaking of getting bigger, when center Waverly Austin signed with USF out of high school, he was listed at 6-10, 250 -- on today's roster, he's now 6-11 and 275. Freshman center Jordan Omogbehin, who has been limited as he recovers from knee surgery in the past year, went from being listed at 291 last fall to 334 pounds now.

More weight changes: Noriega added 10 pounds to 207, Poland added four to 204. And yes, Toarlyn Fitzpatrick is listed at 6-foot-8 1/2. (I should know how to make the 1/2 character by now). Not 6-8, not 6-9. Here's to honesty.

There's more fun nuggets to be gleaned from the updated roster, like jersey numbers -- Abdul-Aleem is wearing No. 1, freshman forward Zach LeDay has No. 3, juco center Waverly Austin has 21 and Hawkins has 23, with FAU transfer Kore White wearing 33. Transfer Martino Brock, who sat out last season after coming in from South Alabama, will wear No. 0, and Omogbehin, who redshirted this past season, has 35.

Posted by Greg Auman at 11:09:38 am on July 19, 2012

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/roster-update-usf-hoops-adds-hofstra-transfer

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Projected starting center Waverly Austin listed at 6-11, 275 for USF, while 7-3 freshman Jordan Omogbehin is 334, up from 291 last year.

12m Greg Auman â€@gregauman

Also, worth noting USF forward Victor Rudd goes from being 6-7, 221 to 6-9 (!) and 229 pounds. Came back to school after considering NBA.

13m Greg Auman â€@gregauman

USF men's hoops has added a walk-on transfer in ex-Hofstra guard Shemiye McLendon, who averaged 5.4 points last season. http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/co …