• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JoJo Kemp RB Deland

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

We get it, you love da Burgh.

As a RB hoping to get to the next level, I'd give Pitt a long look. We haven't produced an NFL RB in...ever?...

I wouldn't worry about them stealing him, personally. They get great backs like Ray Graham, Dion Lewis, and Rushel Shell. Here's the rub: They're from the north and frankly don't need to be coaxed into moving up to the land of boring since it's all they know.

There's a reason they have less than 10 players from south of NC and 90% of their roster is from PA/OH. Good thing for them, it's a fertile recruiting area.

Edited by The Great 8

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Great logic except...I don't hear the pitter patter of a massive army of recruits high tailing it out of the cold and depressing north for the sunny beaches of FL and CA. Because the reality of the situation is that any worthwhile recruit is going to weigh each opportunity to determine which university is right for him on 2 fronts: 1) the quality of the education and 2) the ability to develop enough within the program to get a legitimate shot at the NFL. Being 30 min from the beach is, at best, an intangible benefit that would be a tie breaker when comparing two schools that a recruit feels is equal in all other facets.

:roflmao::lmao:

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Well, Forbes says its the most livable city in America. I guess there are a few people that disagree.

It's because of the income rate and cost of living. It's a safe city. It's an educated city with many great universities in the metro area.

I'd be content to raise a family in Pittsburgh. I would never agree to be a student in Pittsburgh.

Exactly. Does an 18 year old boy want to be in Pittsburgh steel town or 30 minutes from the beach where it is sunny year round and girls wear bikinis.

Is there really a comparison?

Great logic except...I don't hear the pitter patter of a massive army of recruits high tailing it out of the cold and depressing north for the sunny beaches of FL and CA. Because the reality of the situation is that any worthwhile recruit is going to weigh each opportunity to determine which university is right for him on 2 fronts: 1) the quality of the education and 2) the ability to develop enough within the program to get a legitimate shot at the NFL. Being 30 min from the beach is, at best, an intangible benefit that would be a tie breaker when comparing two schools that a recruit feels is equal in all other facets. But when you get down to brass tacks, it's very rare for 2 schools to be so evenly rated by a recruit that an intangible benefit will be the tie breaker. Good luck to Jo Jo wherever he decides to go, but bear in mind that it will be the quality of the programs at these schools plus the quality of the institutions academically that will be the deciding factor - not the scenery. JMHO.

Horse pucky. Chicks come 1st. FB 2nd. Everything else, including all the esoterica l crap in your post, a distant 3rd. Did you ever go to college? Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So, uh, how good is this Kemp kid?

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I hear he is a stud RB, would love to read more about HIM in this thread.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I hear he is a stud RB, would love to read more about HIM in this thread.

Aw, come on. I enjoy the advertisements from the Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

this is the Kemp thread?!? I thought I was in the AW thread?!? :D

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

As a RB hoping to get to the next level, I'd give Pitt a long look. We haven't produced an NFL RB in...ever?...

We've produced Andre Hall. If you really want to push it, we could maybe take half credit for Chad Simpson, but he transferred from USF then made it to the NFL after that.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

We've produced Andre Hall. If you really want to push it, we could maybe take half credit for Chad Simpson, but he transferred from USF then made it to the NFL after that.

I think if we get the right guy, all that will change under Coach T.

I'm curious to see how Bradley Battles fairs under Coach T. The few times we've seen BB over the past couple of seasons, he has that hard nose, physical running style.

For some reason he just hasn't been able to crack the two deep......three deep for that matter.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I think if we get the right guy, all that will change under Coach T.

I'm curious to see how Bradley Battles fairs under Coach T. The few times we've seen BB over the past couple of seasons, he has that hard nose, physical running style.

For some reason he just hasn't been able to crack the two deep......three deep for that matter.

Battles has battled injury after injury which caused his demise on the depth chart. I expect him to have a crack at the 2 deep this season.