• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF is the "Ron Paul" of Big East Hoops

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

lol great posts flsportsfan and vega

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I agree he is unelectable - he doesn't cow-tow to special interests and take donations left and right from large corporations and doesn't look the part of a President, but to dismiss him by saying he is "crazy" is getting quite old.

I don't think USF wins the BE this year either, but I'm hopeful for an 8-4 season.

We're talking about bball dawggg

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Even though we are currently tied for third, nobody in the national press gives us a chance at the title (nor did I after the Auburn game). Not even worthy of a mention. It's like we don't even exist. I luv it. GB!

I am seeing more articles such as this one.

http://www.dailyoran...ender-1.2759689

That's a good read there. I hope that we can keep up the effort that has brought the team this far in league play. Schedule will be tougher for the second half of the league season.

Really didn't want to getting into the political aspects of this tread, but you can't criticize the ideas that Ron Paul has. They may seem "crazy", but they make sense and they would certainly help the country.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

Anyways USF doesn't get respect because they haven't beaten anybody of note in the league.

That's it in a nutshell ... We've been kind of holding serve up to this point. To earn respect you need to start beating the better teams in conference ... but pretty much any team we beat from here on out will be an upset in my mind.

• Content Count:  3,802

Politics was bound to happen in this thread given the op's premise.

As noted, USF basketball hasn't beaten anyone yet, so we get no respect yet. Even if we don't end up beating anyone in the top half of the standings at the end of the year, if we can beat up on the teams in the bottom half, that constititues a big improvement as far as I'm concerned. With the improved recruiting classes we have incoming and the worsening of the top half of the BE, we should be a player in the new BE.

• Content Count:  3,802

On Paul, his ideas are (bad) crazy when it comes to foreign policy.

Everything else, he's easily the best candidate for the job imo. Even then, he's still crazy, albeit in a good way (E.g. trimming off $1-trillion in his first year).

• Content Count:  10,565

On Paul, his ideas are (bad) crazy when it comes to foreign policy.

Everything else, he's easily the best candidate for the job imo. Even then, he's still crazy, albeit in a good way (E.g. trimming off $1-trillion in his first year).

While I agree with you, I could care less about his foreign policy. Domestic policy should be the first priority.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

The other day during the WVU game on ESPN they mentioned and listed the 3 big surprises in the BE this season and USF being third with a 6-3 record was one of them so i say lets keep surprising them. GO BULLS

• Content Count:  7,780

Even though we are currently tied for third, nobody in the national press gives us a chance at the title (nor did I after the Auburn game). Not even worthy of a mention. It's like we don't even exist. I luv it. GB!

Bad comparison to Ron Paul...USF believes in defense.

• Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Bad comparison to Ron Paul...USF believes in defense.

I LOL'd! :D

Archived