• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Dome photo update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

7f787e1651a811e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I feel like this is USF's version of America's top model....

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks for sharing...however, in my humble opinion, I think we should have sticked with school colors. After all, the building they are painting is used for USF Mens and Women's basketball, etc.. Also, our school colors would be better represented during concerts. Edited by BullFan98

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks for sharing...however, in my humble opinion, I think we should have sticked with school colors. After all, the building they are painting is used for USF Mens and Women's basketball, etc.. Also, our school colors would be better represented during concerts.

I personally LIKE that they're not using school colors. I feel like a green & gold dome would just be cheesy. Lots of arenas now of days are just brick, so this will be a nice change.

As for representing during concerts? Come on man, really?

Regardless of what color they paint the "....." Dome (which I know the sponsor already), it's going to be nice to know that USF will be playing in a facility BETTER than 2-time NCAA champion Florida...who in fact plays in the same designed dome just with a swimming facility attached instead of volleyball.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for sharing...however, in my humble opinion, I think we should have sticked with school colors. After all, the building they are painting is used for USF Mens and Women's basketball, etc.. Also, our school colors would be better represented during concerts.

I personally LIKE that they're not using school colors. I feel like a green & gold dome would just be cheesy. Lots of arenas now of days are just brick, so this will be a nice change.

Couldn't agree more

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Regardless of what color they paint the "....." Dome (which I know the sponsor already), it's going to be nice to know that USF will be playing in a facility BETTER than 2-time NCAA champion Florida...who in fact plays in the same designed dome just with a swimming facility attached instead of volleyball.

Agree. Besides, the seating and colors inside the Dome will be more reflective of USF's colors. The seats are green. It's better to get the colors right on the inside. Nobody complained that the outside of the Marshall Center isn't green and gold. The bulls are bronze, not painted. Geesh.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924

I personally LIKE that they're not using school colors. I feel like a green & gold dome would just be cheesy. Lots of arenas now of days are just brick, so this will be a nice change. As for representing during concerts? Come on man, really? Regardless of what color they paint the "....." Dome (which I know the sponsor already), it's going to be nice to know that USF will be playing in a facility BETTER than 2-time NCAA champion Florida...who in fact plays in the same designed dome just with a swimming facility attached instead of volleyball.
Agree. Besides, the seating and colors inside the Dome will be more reflective of USF's colors. The seats are green. It's better to get the colors right on the inside. Nobody complained that the outside of the Marshall Center isn't green and gold. The bulls are bronze, not painted. Geesh.

I really like the fact that nor every building is green and gold on campus, mixing it up using many color schemes create variety. Those colors are just fine if you ask me, we use the green and gold but the maroon or terra cotta makes them pop even more

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

BBall arenas are much better when they aren't designed for dual use with hockey games. The seats are much closer to the action, particularly along the endlines. Also, much steeper allowing for a much cosier atmosphere, with the fans right up on the players (and coaches, and refs). Thumbs up to the Sun Dome. Thumbs down to Madison Square Garden, old Freedom Hall, DePaul's Rosemont/AllState, etc, with the hockey dimensions and those rickety temporary folding seats behind the endlines with such a gradual slope that row 4 is so far from the action that you might as well be watching on TV. SLU had the right idea when they left that Kiel/Savvis/ScottTrade dual-purpose mess and opened their on-campus Chaifetz Center with similar dimensions to the Sun Dome.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095

BBall arenas are much better when they aren't designed for dual use with hockey games. The seats are much closer to the action, particularly along the endlines. Also, much steeper allowing for a much cosier atmosphere, with the fans right up on the players (and coaches, and refs). Thumbs up to the Sun Dome. Thumbs down to Madison Square Garden, old Freedom Hall, DePaul's Rosemont/AllState, etc, with the hockey dimensions and those rickety temporary folding seats behind the endlines with such a gradual slope that row 4 is so far from the action that you might as well be watching on TV. SLU had the right idea when they left that Kiel/Savvis/ScottTrade dual-purpose mess and opened their on-campus Chaifetz Center with similar dimensions to the Sun Dome.

You make a great point, but I wouldn't lump in MSG in the mix. When the Rangers play hockey there, they look shoehorned in, nothing like the smooth curves of hockey played at the Forum or any standard hockey arena.