• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 12 expansion again?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

You may be right, but there remains little doubt this program has lost the reputation it once had for its quick rise. It has flattened if not turned down. That's basically what I initially said if you don't care to go back and read.

Can't argue with this-we have flattened and we just do not have that allure that we once garnered.... Winning takes cares of it all; we've just let the voters down too many times.... We can go 9-0, not be ranked, and it would be hard to blame them

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

You can deny the program has lost traction, that's fine. We stumbled in '04 and now in '11. Hopefully we right the program and become something attractive again and perhaps doors open again.

your argument that we are not considered because we are no longer "on the rise" or "stumbling" makes no sense given the fact that we had our worst season in '04 and were in the Big East the following year.

conference expansion has diddly squat to do with rising programs. Cuse and Pitt weren't invited because their football programs are "on the rise" or offer quality product on the field. aTm and Mizzou weren't invited to the SEC because they were the creme of the Big XII. we weren't invited to the Big East for the '05 season because we dominated CUSA and were a midmajor powerhouse.

it's all about markets and $$$. period. one losing season since joining a BCS conference didn't destroy our viability as an option for other conferences, it's all about filling financial needs in a given circumstance.

Weren't we already on our way to the Big East by then?

When I visited USF in the Fall of '03 as a Senior in HS, the Big East movement had already been announced. Admissions was already on that Pitch.

Isn't Tampa a top 20 Market? Or is it only top 50? Still, such a market should be able to bring in a lot of $$$.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

"...see mediocre USF's record the last 5 years vs. ACC"

Gotta call you out on that one

Wins

North Carolina 2007

NC St 2008

Florida St 2009

Miami 2010

Clemson 2010

Losses

Miami 2009

Miami 2011

Unless I am missing something (which is probable), not sure I would consider 5-2 a mediocre record.

And on a side note, personally I can't wait to play the new teams. If things stay static I say we end up with a better conference than we had before, If Cincy/Louisville leave then we'll have to see what happens. I hope things stay together long enough for each of the new teams to make an appearance in RayJay

When I visited USF in the Fall of '03 as a Senior in HS, the Big East movement had already been announced.

God, that makes me feel so old.

But you know that actually makes an interesting point. Freshmen @ USF this year were born in, what, 1994? So this really is the first generation of folks who don't have a memory of when there was no football at USF. I mean how many people consider the Bucs the a new franchise? But outside of Houston, Carolina and Jacksonville they are. So maybe that's what it takes, over decades of time, to get so ingrained in the national consciousness that it would be ridiculous to be removed. Just a thought.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Wins

North Carolina 2007

NC St 2008

Florida St 2009

Miami 2010

Clemson 2010

Losses

Miami 2009

Miami 2011

Unless I am missing something (which is probable), not sure I would consider 5-2 a mediocre record.

And on a side note, personally I can't wait to play the new teams. If things stay static I say we end up with a better conference than we had before, If Cincy/Louisville leave then we'll have to see what happens. I hope things stay together long enough for each of the new teams to make an appearance in RayJay

You missed the NC State loss in the Meineke Bowl so it's 5-3 but if you re-read the post, it was said in total sarcasm ...

I missed the sarcasm, sorry. The poster had said the ACC record in the last five years, the loss to NC State was before that.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If the ville moves out then I can see the Big East snatching ECU or Southern Piss to replace them.

Not really sure why all of these teams want to move to the Big12 so they can be the next door mat for Oklahoma and Texas. Obviously they failed to understand why TA&M and Mizzou are scrambling to get out... its not all about money... the Big12 is a UT dictatorship.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

I missed the sarcasm, sorry. The poster had said the ACC record in the last five years, the loss to NC State was before that.

I missed the 5 year thing, too ...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Wins

North Carolina 2007

NC St 2008

Florida St 2009

Miami 2010

Clemson 2010

Losses

Miami 2009

Miami 2011

You missed the NC State loss in the Meineke Bowl so it's 5-3 but if you re-read the post, it was said in total sarcasm ...

we beat UNC twice. 6-3

Archived