• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flipping through the channels

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

watching the only team that REALLY REALLY beat us this year, trying to get their 6th win to be bowl eligible? UNBELIEVABLE!

We literally had the talent to beat EVERY team on our schedule and we go and have arguably our worst season (in terms of how we played each game)

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but man o man did we ever let a great opportunity get away during a year in which we REALLY needed to make a statement that we belong in the BCS!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,251

i wish i wasn't this emotionally invested in USF football but i cant help it......i almost cried after WVU kciked that field goal.....

we really needed this year to be our best......but it was the opposite.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

i wish i wasn't this emotionally invested in USF football but i cant help it......i almost cried after WVU kciked that field goal.....

We know how you feel. We had our worst season at the worst possible time. This season may have cost us our football future.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

We know how you feel. We had our worst season at the worst possible time. This season may have cost us our football future.

Just for discussion sake, what do you think winning the BE this year would have done for USF after an ass-kicking in a BCS game, losing 4 million dollars (maybe less if it was the Orange Bowl) and being laughed at nationally?

Do you think we would end up in the SEC, Big 12 or ACC because of it?

It would likely have helped recruiting, but to what extent? Not many schollies left this year.

I don't see this as the end of football as we know it at USF. Because as we know it is NOT winning a conference title in any conference. We were fortunate to get asked to the BE in the first place.There was nothing in our past that made us deserving. It was a shot in the dark at some potential that the BE saw.

I'm as pissed as the next guy at the results this year. Yes, it would be nice to say we won the Big East. But NOT winning the Big East (remember we were picked 3rd, not 1st by the BE coaches) isn't some death penalty to the program.

Just for discussion sake, what do you think winning the BE this year would have done for USF after an ass-kicking in a BCS game, losing 4 million dollars (maybe less if it was the Orange Bowl) and being laughed at nationally?

It would likely have helped recruiting, but to what extent? Not many schollies left this year.

I don't see this as the end of football as we know it at USF. Because as we know it is NOT winning a conference title in any conference. We were fortunate to get asked to the BE in the first place.There was nothing in our past that made us deserving. It was a shot in the dark at some potential that the BE saw.

I'm as pissed as the next guy at the results this year. Yes, it would be nice to say we won the Big East. But NOT winning the Big East (remember we were picked 3rd, not 1st by the BE coaches) ***isn't some death penalty to the program.***

No, but losing our BCS status will be.

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I'm as pissed as the next guy at the results this year. Yes, it would be nice to say we won the Big East. But NOT winning the Big East (remember we were picked 3rd, not 1st by the BE coaches) ***isn't some death penalty to the program.***

It's likely that there will be no more AQ conferences soon. Right now, we just need to keep the Big East alive. We will NEVER get picked for a decent bowl if we are in CUSA and there are no bowl tie ins.

as for the op, we all feel that way. So many critical mistakes at the absolute worse moments. UConn, Cincy, Rutgers, Miami, and WVU losses could have gone our way. It's amazing that we lost every one of those games.

One thing is certain for me, after a season like this I don't care if we beat FSU next year. We need to focus on winning conference games. I am sick of big OOC wins only to be disappointed.

Next year could be the end of the Big East as we know it. We are coming back LOADED on offense. If we cut down the mistakes, I don't see how we don't make a run at the Big East championship. If we don't, Skip needs to go. 4 wins in conference is a minimum for me.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

watching the only team that REALLY REALLY beat us this year, trying to get their 6th win to be bowl eligible? UNBELIEVABLE!

We literally had the talent to beat EVERY team on our schedule and we go and have arguably our worst season (in terms of how we played each game)

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but man o man did we ever let a great opportunity get away during a year in which we REALLY needed to make a statement that we belong in the BCS!

I agree 100%. That is how I feel. We really let this year get away from us.

• Content Count:  6,574

I agree 100%. That is how I feel. We really let this year get away from us.

Same here.

It's likely that there will be no more AQ conferences soon. Right now, we just need to keep the Big East alive. We will NEVER get picked for a decent bowl if we are in CUSA and there are no bowl tie ins.

as for the op, we all feel that way. So many critical mistakes at the absolute worse moments. UConn, Cincy, Rutgers, Miami, and WVU losses could have gone our way. It's amazing that we lost every one of those games.

One thing is certain for me, after a season like this I don't care if we beat FSU next year. We need to focus on winning conference games. I am sick of big OOC wins only to be disappointed.

Next year could be the end of the Big East as we know it. We are coming back LOADED on offense. If we cut down the mistakes, I don't see how we don't make a run at the Big East championship. If we don't, Skip needs to go. 4 wins in conference is a minimum for me.

Where are you hearing no more BCS soon? That would be great and the fair way to go, but I haven't heard anything to that effect.

• Content Count:  1,011

Where are you hearing no more BCS soon? That would be great and the fair way to go, but I haven't heard anything to that effect.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7248953/bcs-proposes-only-handling-national-championship-game-sources-say

It wouldn't be the fair way to go IMO. Schools that have huge followings (Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc) will get picked over lower tier schools like us regardless of record. If this happens, our hopes of going to a game like the Orange Bowl are over.

Archived