• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flipping through the channels

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

i wish i wasn't this emotionally invested in USF football but i cant help it......i almost cried after WVU kciked that field goal.....

we really needed this year to be our best......but it was the opposite.....

We know how you feel. We had our worst season at the worst possible time. This season may have cost us our football future.

Just for discussion sake, what do you think winning the BE this year would have done for USF after an ass-kicking in a BCS game, losing 4 million dollars (maybe less if it was the Orange Bowl) and being laughed at nationally?

Do you think we would end up in the SEC, Big 12 or ACC because of it?

It would likely have helped recruiting, but to what extent? Not many schollies left this year.

I don't see this as the end of football as we know it at USF. Because as we know it is NOT winning a conference title in any conference. We were fortunate to get asked to the BE in the first place.There was nothing in our past that made us deserving. It was a shot in the dark at some potential that the BE saw.

I'm as pissed as the next guy at the results this year. Yes, it would be nice to say we won the Big East. But NOT winning the Big East (remember we were picked 3rd, not 1st by the BE coaches) ***isn't some death penalty to the program.***

No, but losing our BCS status will be.

Losing our BCS status will not be some death penalty to the program .... What it will do, inititally, is cull the fan herd some .... and it definitely needs some culling.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

LOL @ "the death of the program."

c'mon son!

drama queens kill me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

i wish i wasn't this emotionally invested in USF football but i cant help it......i almost cried after WVU kciked that field goal.....

We know how you feel. We had our worst season at the worst possible time. This season may have cost us our football future.

Just for discussion sake, what do you think winning the BE this year would have done for USF after an ass-kicking in a BCS game, losing 4 million dollars (maybe less if it was the Orange Bowl) and being laughed at nationally?

It would likely have helped recruiting, but to what extent? Not many schollies left this year.

I don't see this as the end of football as we know it at USF. Because as we know it is NOT winning a conference title in any conference. We were fortunate to get asked to the BE in the first place.There was nothing in our past that made us deserving. It was a shot in the dark at some potential that the BE saw.

I'm as pissed as the next guy at the results this year. Yes, it would be nice to say we won the Big East. But NOT winning the Big East (remember we were picked 3rd, not 1st by the BE coaches) ***isn't some death penalty to the program.***

Losing our BCS status will not be some death penalty to the program .... What it will do, inititally, is cull the fan herd some .... and it definitely needs some culling.

If you looked around Ray Jay this year that process has started and we are in a BCS conference. Don't think being in an AQ has anything to do with it. Just IMO.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

This year we are the 2nd worst team in the Big East, but all the teams are basically equally bad. Shake them up in a jar and pick a couple out. There isn't much difference between first and worst.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

It's not just about the # of fans, it's that you are all but automatically disqualified, thus the better recruits avoid you, thus you don't really have much to get excited about.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

I understand the emotional letdown from this season, but this is going a wee bit too far.

• Content Count:  554

If you looked around Ray Jay this year that process has started and we are in a BCS conference. Don't think being in an AQ has anything to do with it. Just IMO.

Good luck drawing anyone to watch this team play North Texas or Tennessee-Chattanooga on a weekly basis.

Good luck drawing anyone to watch this team play North Texas or Tennessee-Chattanooga on a weekly basis.

It would be a lot less but people would come ...

• Content Count:  554

Corbett could become a multi-sport OCS....

Corbett could become a multi-sport OCS....

I would hope there are more than a couple of thousand non-spoiled USF/college football fans in the area but you may correct ...

Archived