• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was peeking over at the ECU board when I saw this.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Holtz has my support for one more year. We aren't losing much. Another year like this and I want him gone.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

we were 2nd in the Nation in TFL, I doubt losing those players was a huge blow....

are you really impressed with the wins holtz produced last year? squeaking by miami who was horrible...beat WKU by 12, squeaked by UL, and almost blew it against a 6-6 Clemson squad...

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

we finished last year at 7-5. let's not act like that is our goal.

Thats a whole different ballgame, it says "how much improvement can you expect in two years"

not.... "We sucked before and holtz will progressively make it better"

we were decent 8-5 team before, not 5-7 failure of the big east

yeah, that decent 8-5 team last year was coached by Holtz, evidence that we can have at least "decent" (in your words) seasons with Holtz when we have experience and depth to go with raw talent.

losing senior leaders like Ali Bubb, Jacquian Williams, Bogo, Sampson, Joe Sabbath, T.McClain, Craig Marshall, Bedford, etc. is a big deal, and we didn't have that many seniors to replace them.

the experience our young guys gained this year will show what Holtz has next year.

we finished last year at 7-5. two overtime wins i believe. strong gave us one on 4th down call in OT and miami QB threw pick in FG range at the end of regulation.I'm not sure 7-5 is something to be proud of.

That's believable. He deserves more time, but the case will be made that he can't recruit with just two years left on his contract in '12.

It's a routine request.

And contrary to what a member said in another thread there have been coaches let go this season after just two years. It's a trend. Some schools are beginning to expect results before they're in $10 million deep to any coach.

an interesting book by the name of blink says that some of the best decisions are made with limited amounts of information. sometimes you just know when something isn't going to work out. best to cut losses early. not saying that's the case here but i haven't been impressed at all with holtz.

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

we finished last year at 7-5. let's not act like that is our goal.

Thats a whole different ballgame, it says "how much improvement can you expect in two years"

not.... "We sucked before and holtz will progressively make it better"

we were decent 8-5 team before, not 5-7 failure of the big east

yeah, that decent 8-5 team last year was coached by Holtz, evidence that we can have at least "decent" (in your words) seasons with Holtz when we have experience and depth to go with raw talent.

losing senior leaders like Ali Bubb, Jacquian Williams, Bogo, Sampson, Joe Sabbath, T.McClain, Craig Marshall, Bedford, etc. is a big deal, and we didn't have that many seniors to replace them.

the experience our young guys gained this year will show what Holtz has next year.

we finished last year at 7-5. two overtime wins i believe. strong gave us one on 4th down call in OT and miami QB threw pick in FG range at the end of regulation.I'm not sure 7-5 is something to be proud of.

THANK YOU!

but with CJL we actually knew how to pull games out, and have an exciting win, and could expect to win at home....

Our Notre Dame game is hardly much to get excited about considering we almost blew that one...and if Rees was in the whole game we would've been done.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

That's believable. He deserves more time, but the case will be made that he can't recruit with just two years left on his contract in '12.

It's a routine request.

And contrary to what a member said in another thread there have been coaches let go this season after just two years. It's a trend. Some schools are beginning to expect results before they're in $10 million deep to any coach.

an interesting book by the name of blink says that some of the best decisions are made with limited amounts of information. sometimes you just know when something isn't going to work out. best to cut losses early. not saying that's the case here but i haven't been impressed at all with holtz.

And some guys become billionaires after dropping out of college. That doesn't make it the norm.

It's a routine request.

And some guys become billionaires after dropping out of college. That doesn't make it the norm.

that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It's a routine request.

that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

He's saying bad decisions resulting in beyond perfect outcomes don't happen very often. I think firing Holtz now (cutting our losses) is worse than a bad decision.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

this is the ECU board you're talking about. they are the epitome of penis envy.

i envy their two conf championships

Archived