• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Was peeking over at the ECU board when I saw this.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

this is the ECU board you're talking about. they are the epitome of penis envy.

i envy their two conf championships

I'd rather be a second tier team in the Big East than the conference champion of CUSA, but that's just me.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

I think Holtz just doesn't really understand how to utilize Florida speed. He's never had this much of it to work with before. He's been trying to take very fast & athletic players and show them down into a smash mouth run up the gut for 3 yards, pocket passer to throw out to the flat for 5-7 yards, etc. He's taking our player's athleticism out of the equation.

Just my opinion.

• Content Count:  8,044

I think Holtz just doesn't really understand how to utilize Florida speed. He's never had this much of it to work with before. He's been trying to take very fast & athletic players and show them down into a smash mouth run up the gut for 3 yards, pocket passer to throw out to the flat for 5-7 yards, etc. He's taking our player's athleticism out of the equation.

Just my opinion.

Chris Johnson might disagree...

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Just my opinion.

Chris Johnson might disagree...

I'm sure he wasn't referring to the running backs. Can you offer something a little more well thought out?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

I guess I'm missing something, who is Chris Johnson? If you're referring to a player @ ECU, one or two fast guys is very different from an entire team of speed. Even Mark Snyder said when he first arrived that this might be the fastest bunch he's ever coached.

• Content Count:  445
  • Days Won:  1

I guess I'm missing something, who is Chris Johnson? If you're referring to a player @ ECU, one or two fast guys is very different from an entire team of speed. Even Mark Snyder said when he first arrived that this might be the fastest bunch he's ever coached.

yet he goes to a dumb 2-9 defense and the end of the game...REALLY DUDE? REALLY.

This staff better have changes next season. Holtz better win 9 or more next season and if not fire him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442

HANK YOU! but with CJL we actually knew how to pull games out

VooDoo Five

That right there should end any CJL references... LMAO

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I have absolutely no envy of a CUSA championship.

We need to give Holtz another 2 years and should expect improvement next year. Anybody can see that the teams in this conference are all at about the same level. I expect we will step it up next year, and the question is who else will do the same?

• Content Count:  4,501

I guess I was excited-maybe hopefull is a better word- when Skip came in. We had a good team with alot of good players. With the transition last year was about the minimum succes I thought was possible. Not great but not bad. This year everything that could go wrong went wrong. This year = failure. I am not saying get rid of Holtz but I will say my hope is down. ---- Now what has that got to do with this thread ? I come from the camp that thinks a good coach can turn around a program quick. You look at Michigan - four years of Rich Rod and failure. One year of Hoke and wow ! Same players just new coaches. Its one thing to come into a program that was failing but another to come into one that was doing good. I just don't buy into the "Wait till the Coach gets "his" players unless the team has been awfull and even then you should expect to see improvement - see Charlie Strong. Sometimes the fit is good and sometimes it isn't. Is the Holtz fit good ? Jury still out but so far the evidence does not look good.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

"The announcers said during the game last night that the AD is working on a long term deal to keep skip at USF"

ARE YOU F^$%ING kidding me?

FIRE DOUG WOOLARD!

must be watching a different game totally....

I watched the game on ESPN and this was indeed said

Archived