• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do we still have TEs?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I guess technically Landi is a TE now.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

well... BJ can't throw over the middle and that's typically where TEs catch passes.

I think the staff would love to use them... We simply can't.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

well... BJ can't throw over the middle and that's typically where TEs catch passes.

right. I'm sure that's it.....TEs are only allowed to catch passes over the middle.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

He was right in front of me near the end zone. When he turned sideways he looks as thin or thinner than any of our WR's

of course. he isn't a lineman. he is 4 or 5 inches taller and 30-40 pounds heavier than most WRs. it's his height that makes him the match-up problem.

Oh ok, I had no idea. Thank you

right. I'm sure that's it.....TEs are only allowed to catch passes over the middle.

You must have missed typically.

BJ struggles to throw over the middle. Either the coaches don't trust him to do so... Or he refuses to do it on his own accord.

Whatever the reason... When BJ is in we rarely throw Over the middle.

You must have missed typically.

BJ struggles to throw over the middle. Either the coaches don't trust him to do so... Or he refuses to do it on his own accord.

Whatever the reason... When BJ is in we rarely throw Over the middle.

right and you suggested that's why we don't use TEs. I didn't know they could only go over the middle. my apologies.

you would think if BJ had trouble seeing over his line then his coaches would use a 6'6" TE so he could see him.

regardless TEs are match-up nightmares.

too tall and fast for LBs. too tall and big for corners and safeties.

not sure why you can only use them over the middle though. maybe that's a rule I'm not aware of.

where did i say you can only use them over the middle? I'll say it again for you.... you TYPICALLY see tight ends used over the middle where there is space for them to sit in zones or spit a cover two with a skinny post right behind the linebackers....

Do you really want to use a tight end on the sidelines? Where do you see that? In the flats maybe but do you see TEs running sideline patterns?

Have you ever thought that our Tight Ends might not be matchup nightmares for opposing linebackers and safeties?

where did i say you can only use them over the middle? I'll say it again for you.... you TYPICALLY see tight ends used over the middle where there is space for them to sit in zones or spit a cover two with a skinny post right behind the linebackers....

Do you really want to use a tight end on the sidelines? Where do you see that? In the flats maybe but do you see TEs running sideline patterns?

Have you ever thought that our Tight Ends might not be matchup nightmares for opposing linebackers and safeties?

when you're 6'6" tall, rated the #12 TE in your class, received a scholarship from a top 10 football school, and your coach rushes to get a hardship waiver so you can play this year, I assume you're talented enough to catch more than 1 ball for 8 yards and i would think you would be a matchup nightmare for the majority of LBs, safeties and CBs that are 6' and under.if the offensive coaches can't get him into matchups that are to his advantage then that is on them. that is a huge part of an offense's goal is to create mismatches and exploit them.what a complete waste of a year.

BTW if you have seen shields in the limited # of attempts then you know he is good enough to be a problem for LBs. oh and BJ sure did throw a nice 40 yard pass to Davis down the middle to make a top 10 play on sportscenter.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That's an M&M all day.

Shields has looked decent. Not enough looks though.

Our last good one was Cedrick Hill and he had the worst drop of all time.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Syracuse abused WVU with their TE.

I could really have some fun with this line, but I'll keep it clean.

Archived