• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU aiming for 2012 start in Big 12, despite Big East's lawsuit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

unless they write a big fat check to big east tuesday

i would go to court wedesday and file a restraining order to prevent any such move

The BIg East went to court about three weeks ago and filed for the restraining order.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Give me a break if USF was given the opportunity you dont think we would do the same thing, and you think there would a long thread on this message board that said we shouldnt with no notice. There are no teams here, everyone needs to look out for their own best interest and thats what WVU is doing, unfortunately nobdody has been looking out for USF's best interest.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Give me a break if USF was given the opportunity you dont think we would do the same thing, and you think there would a long thread on this message board that said we shouldnt with no notice. There are no teams here, everyone needs to look out for their own best interest and thats what WVU is doing, unfortunately nobdody has been looking out for USF's best interest.

I would want us to honor our contract. leaving before the 27month agreed upon time is dishonorable.

• Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

WVU could have been a little more professional about it. No doubt that you are right about jumping at the opportunity and joining the Big 12 but it's how they are going about it. Bad mouthing the conference and strong arming the conference on the way out, absolutely uncalled for.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

WVU could have been a little more professional about it. No doubt that you are right about jumping at the opportunity and joining the Big 12 but it's how they are going about it. Bad mouthing the conference and strong arming the conference on the way out, absolutely uncalled for.

syracuse and pitt seem to be leaving with class. WVU not so much.

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Agreed with the above posters, I would expect us to wait the 27 months. I have no problems with Cuse and Pitt leaving, they are waiting.

WVU on the other hand, has fans that have always thought they were too good for the Big East, and the comments from their AD make it obvious that he thinks so as well. They are going to trash the BE until they are let go. It's just a classless way to do business.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Agreed. Kind of funny to recall Oliver Luck begging his fans to show class this season, then see him say some of the classless things he has the last couple of weeks.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Just get the deal done already. We need stability now. This season will be remembered as one of the most "not fun" seasons ever. Almost like a strike/lockout year in pro sports.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

Agreed with the above posters, I would expect us to wait the 27 months. I have no problems with Cuse and Pitt leaving, they are waiting.

WVU on the other hand, has fans that have always thought they were too good for the Big East, and the comments from their AD make it obvious that he thinks so as well. They are going to trash the BE until they are let go. It's just a classless way to do business.

agreed with this post and the others. there is no doubt we would and should do what is in our best interest, but violating contract and poormouthing the conference before they're even out the door is bad business.

• Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

They represetnt the state of WV, are you really expecting class and honor to come into play? Really?!?! That is funny. Look at the state's history, they are all about strong arm tactics,double crosses, and back room deals. The states history is replaying itself in this situation as well. They are what they are..... In their quest for relevance, they are willing to destroy ( enhance) their reputation.

Archived