• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Loaded question... Curious to everyone's thoughts...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 million reasons why a BCS game would be better then a bowl in Birmingham. Cash Money.

UConn lost $2M last year going to fiesta bowl. you do not get paid $15m to go to a BCS game. OU lost money last year. Both Oregon and auburn lost money going to the national championship game last year.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I didn't realize there were so many other teams that could be 6-6 by years end. Joe was good enough to point that out to me.

The crazy thing is that SEC could only have 7 Bowl eligible teams.

UF is a lock, but here is what could happen for the SEC to only have 7 Bowl eligible teams:

Vanderbilt (5-5) loses @Tennessee and @Wake Forest

Tennessse (4-6) beats Vanderbilt and loses @Kentucky

Kentucky (4-6) loses @Georgia and beats Tennessee

Mississippi State (5-5) loses @Arkansas and Ole Miss

Ole Miss is the only team who cannot make a bowl.

15 million reasons why a BCS game would be better then a bowl in Birmingham. Cash Money.

UConn lost $2M last year going to fiesta bowl. you do not get paid $15m to go to a BCS game. OU lost money last year. Both Oregon and auburn lost money going to the national championship game last year.

SEC teams won't lose money going to a BCS game, especially with the Sugar Bowl being so close to many of their programs.

SEC teams won't lose money going to a BCS game, especially with the Sugar Bowl being so close to many of their programs.

Auburn lost $614k last year after the SEC paid them $2.3M for their share of the BCS game payouts.

now they did make money after total bowl payouts but teams aren't paid $15m for making a BCS game. that money is split between all the conference members equally.

oh and distance doesn't make much of a difference. teams are required to bring bands, cheerleaders, etc and are required to stay at sponsor hotels for extended stays as well as sell a certain number of tickets.

http://www.al.com/sp...g_more_tha.html

• Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah I guess your right USF fans dont seem to travel well either did Uconns so it does kill them but in the end the pub for your team you can put a price on for recruiting,name recognition,etc. So a BCS game any year would be better overall then the BBVA Compass Bowl. I can see what your saying this year though. Be cool to play Florida with a shot to actually beat them this year. I would take it.

Auburn lost $614k last year after the SEC paid them $2.3M for their share of the BCS game payouts.

That's on them. 9 day trip? They can blame themselves for losing that money since Oregon incurred a smaller loss for staying 1 day longer.

I can understand the ticket deficit with how outrageous the price is and how far fans have to travel, btu there is no reason either of those teams should have lost money. Stay 5 days of so and they both would have profited.

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Picking us to beat FSU next year is a very bold prediction; I hope you are right. FSU is one of the favorites to win the National Championship next year with a 10 to 1 odds. From what I have seen only Oklahoma and Alabama have better odds of winning the NC next year.

Eh...they were also expected to compete in the NC race this year.

FSU disappoints just as much as we do. I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them, and then went 2-5 in conference.

That's on them. 9 day trip? They can blame themselves for losing that money since Oregon incurred a smaller loss for staying 1 day longer.

I can understand the ticket deficit with how outrageous the price is and how far fans have to travel, btu there is no reason either of those teams should have lost money. Stay 5 days of so and they both would have profited.

the bowls require them to stay for a certain period of time and at their sponsor hotels which aren't cheap. hotels are big time sponsors of bowl games.

Yeah I guess your right USF fans dont seem to travel well either did Uconns so it does kill them but in the end the pub for your team you can put a price on for recruiting,name recognition,etc. So a BCS game any year would be better overall then the BBVA Compass Bowl. I can see what your saying this year though. Be cool to play Florida with a shot to actually beat them this year. I would take it.

I'm sure BCS would help recruiting but beating miami, fsu and UF might help us just as much if not more than playing virginia tech in the orange bowl.

most teams lose money on bowls. Oklahoma lost money last year going to the fiesta bowl and it would have been over $1.8M if the big 12 didn't jump in a bail them out. like I said both teams(Oregon and auburn) lost money on the national championship game last year.

• Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I'm sure BCS would help recruiting but beating miami, fsu and UF might help us just as much if not more than playing virginia tech in the orange bowl.

most teams lose money on bowls. Oklahoma lost money last year going to the fiesta bowl and it would have been over $1.8M if the big 12 didn't jump in a bail them out. like I said both teams(Oregon and auburn) lost money on the national championship game last year.

Too bad we can longer do both things... Make a BCS bowl while beating ND and Miami this year, and FSU next year. Forget the Gators, I'd rather be in a BCS bowl and beat all those teams.

Archived