• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL vs USF at 11am kickoff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  183
  • Days Won:  0

Why so many babies whining on here about early kickoffs? I'll be there as usual. This time of year the weather is awesome for early games.

thats not the point.

no real program will ever play at 11 am.

we're glad you'll be there as usual.

Iowa and Nebraska? Noon? I wonder what time they start?

Yep, for the last 100 years or so most Big 10 games have been at Noon central. I think Michigan just finally added lights last year and recently had their first night game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

This is also going to kill attendance. Probably won't affect many people on here, but I doubt many casual fans are going to want to go to a USF game the day after Thanksgiving at 11 am.

Honestly, the casual fan most likely would not attend since the game is on Black Friday. Only those with a solid interest in USF would consider going.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Why so many babies whining on here about early kickoffs? I'll be there as usual. This time of year the weather is awesome for early games.

thats not the point.

So is all this talk about a big PS3 NCAA 2011 game between Ville and USF at 11?

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Wow. Call the whambulance.

1. How is 11am such an early start? Plenty of Big 12 and Big Ten teams do it throughout the year. Newsflash, all of those noon games you see on ESPN in the Big 12 or Illinois or even some SEC games started at 11 (or 11:20 to be technical about the SEC Network games).

2. How is this a "slap in the face"? It's ONE HOUR. Not the end of the world. So you have either one less hour to tailgate, or you can get up one hour earlier. Most people are going to bed earlier on TG night because everyone eats mid-afternoon, and football is over by 9pm, and nothing is open.

3. People who go to 4AM Best Buy or any of that Black Friday nonsense are idiots. That's a whole other conversation, but it's not worth it.

4. TG weekend games get crappy attendance as is, it could be a 7pm game and we'd still barely crack 30K for this one. Maybe if we crushed Miami this week and were 9-1 or 10-0...

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Doesn't the Outback Bowl start at 11am? TV treats the day after Thanksgiving like News Years Day bowl games. People are home from work so give them wall to wall football.

Everybody put on your big boy pants, tailgate hard, and enjoy some football. Why whine over things you have no control over?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

thats not the point.

Iowa and Nebraska? Noon? I wonder what time they start?

LOL .... That would be 11:00 AM Nebraska time. Just another example of Herm trying to take shots at USF fans and it blowing up in his face. ;)

• Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I normally spend the entire day waiting for the USF game when it is a late start, so 11 am is fine with me. I'll be there.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I'm working that day too......I might be getting sick around 9:45 though.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

thats not the point.

Yeah, no real teams play at that time on that day.......right. What about LSU and Arkansas? They have played in this time slot before.

• Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

I'm not whining... I'm giving a preemptive dose of reality because I don't want people on hear after the Louisville game shocked that only about 10K or less showed up... I had tickets and can't make it out, my group also can't make it out so that is about 6 Bulls that will not be there.

Out of everyone I know that is a Bulls fan only 2 are going... the other 50+ are going shopping or will be out of town, and even more have to work.

Personally I would rather have had the game on ESPN3 and had a 3:30PM kickoff vs. ESPN2 and a 11:30 kickoff.

if they're out of town what the **** does kickoff time have to do with it? they wouldn't be able to make it whether it was 11am kickoff or 8pm kickoff.

those that choose to shop rather than attend a Bulls game are just lame anyway...

and the ones that have to work probably wouldn't get out before 4 or 5 anyway, so anything short of a 7 or 8 kickoff wouldnt work for them.

sure sounds like an excuse to whine from where i'm sitting.

ps- there is no way in hell this game has 10k or less. i'd bet at least 20k show up.

Archived