• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL vs USF at 11am kickoff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

I guess Athletics enjoys having the least amount of fans possible at home games. Please someone explain to me why this game could not have been 3:30 or 7:00 kick on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU....there are no games schedules for those slots now and no potential games that would bring viewers scheduled for that day.

http://espn.go.com/c...edule/_/week/13

What on God's green earth makes you think that USF Athletics had any sort of input as to what time the game is held? The TV contracts are setup from the conference to ESPN.... the SCHOOL GET'S NO SAY IN THE MATTER.

I understand TV contracts but pretty sure the school has some sort of input on times of games.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

No.... they don't.

• Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Does RJS serve bagels, cream cheese and coffee?

That's their #3 Breakfast Combo ... for $24.95.

• Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

I guess Athletics enjoys having the least amount of fans possible at home games. Please someone explain to me why this game could not have been 3:30 or 7:00 kick on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU....there are no games schedules for those slots now and no potential games that would bring viewers scheduled for that day.

Do you honestly think USF vs. Ville would bring viewers at a later time?

ESPN wants football all day long on the busiest shopping day of the year. Someone was going to be playing at 11am and that someone is us.

Yes, I honestly think this game would have brought more viewers had it been later in the day. A lot of people go shopping in the A.M. and would be home in afternoon. ESPN screwed up on this one.

The only people who'll be watching this game will be Bulls and Cards fans, and they'd make arrangemenats to watch whenever it was on.

• Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  0

I can tell you why it's not an evening kickoff... West Virginia and Pitt are on ESPN at 7 p.m. The ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 world will try to spread out the games. We stink this year so we get the crappy time on the schedule.

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?cat=netnews&story=19891

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

at least the only other football game to watch around that time will be Iowa at Nebraska - ABC & Houston vs Tulsa - FSN at noon

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We are in the midst of basketball season now, so it's not like we're the only thing going on. If I can recall, there are a lot of tournament/invitational style events during Thanksgiving week.

Knew someone would bring that up but I checked College B-ball schedule for that day and there are no games scheduled on ESPN networks until 10pm. So that is not the reason.

That's because of tournaments not being able to set times. The Old Spice Classic at Disney and 76 Classic in Anaheim are playing those dates

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Why so many babies whining on here about early kickoffs? I'll be there as usual. This time of year the weather is awesome for early games.

I'm not whining... I'm giving a preemptive dose of reality because I don't want people on hear after the Louisville game shocked that only about 10K or less showed up... I had tickets and can't make it out, my group also can't make it out so that is about 6 Bulls that will not be there.

Out of everyone I know that is a Bulls fan only 2 are going... the other 50+ are going shopping or will be out of town, and even more have to work.

Personally I would rather have had the game on ESPN3 and had a 3:30PM kickoff vs. ESPN2 and a 11:30 kickoff.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Why so many babies whining on here about early kickoffs? I'll be there as usual. This time of year the weather is awesome for early games.

I'm not whining... I'm giving a preemptive dose of reality because I don't want people on hear after the Louisville game shocked that only about 10K or less showed up... I had tickets and can't make it out, my group also can't make it out so that is about 6 Bulls that will not be there.

Out of everyone I know that is a Bulls fan only 2 are going... the other 50+ are going shopping or will be out of town, and even more have to work.

Personally I would rather have had the game on ESPN3 and had a 3:30PM kickoff vs. ESPN2 and a 11:30 kickoff.

If someone's out of town wouldn't they miss the game if it was 3:30? If they would be able to make it then, then they can make it at 11:00 it's just a matter of how much "want to" there is.

Archived