• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Change three plays...Bulls are 7 & 1...That's crazy to me!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I know most of you are on the coaching staff's arse and BJ but see below. Yes most of it is rehtoric. I DO really think we need to run Scott more with Murray just giving him a rest or on third downs. Maybe even take some plays from GaTech and put them on the field at the same time too. Keeping the D off the field will really help. Anyway change these plays and the season has totally different expectations.

vs UCONN - Scott's fumble for a Husky TD - D really had the Huskies corraled until they couldn't get them off the field at the end - defensive fatigue?

vs Cinci - The 30+ yard pass on UC's final drive given this doesn't happen on any other plays (time runs out if they need 3 more plays to get inside the 15 yardline. A late drive given up...defensive fatigue or just prevent soft coverage?

vs Rutgers - Marc attempt to pick up the punt (USF doesn't give up a FG) or Bonanai's missed FG, no OT (this for 100% sure). Another late drive for a TD...soft coverage or fatigue again?

Bulls would probably would be ranked and favored to win the BE. Why can't this team compete in the BE? It truly baffles me. My 15 yr old son says the Bulls are only good for an upset win every year. There is some truth there. I can understand the Pitt loss a bit - short week, on the road, after three patsies, just not ready mentally and as always killed by a power runner.

Turnovers are killing this team, late drives given up by the D and Bonanai's poor performance is hurting also. Specialty teams are not exactly stellar either. Sometimes I wonder if this team would compete better in the ACC, SEC or B12 because the so called traditional teams would be bigger motivation. I think this team can get to 6-6. I see a win vs UL in Tampa and 1-2 wins out of other three, probably Syracuse but I can see an upset of WV. Game will be similar to the UC game. Miami will be motivated due to last yr. That one will be tuff. Bulls got the thier coach fired and thier QB will be motivated for throwing the late INT.

One thing on the Marc missed punt pickup Sat. Rarely do I yell at my TV anymore. I screamed "What the hell are you doing?" and had to leave the room for 5 mins. One of the worst decisions I have ever seen on a football field. Why do even consider picking that up inside the 15 y'line. If I was CSH, I would have benched him.

• Content Count:  6,928

+Wow, when you look at it that way..... We are not that far off.

Still we are 4-4

thoes palys are the difference between good & great

Ty

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

thoes palys are the difference between good & great

They're the difference between mediocre and good.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree. We haven't been getting killed, but about 10 teams can say this each year. It is the difference between a turd season and good season for everyone.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

close games seem to be the M.O. for this staff. there were 3 we won last year that could have gone the other way with one play. an ECU fan once said that holtz is a good coach that will win some games but you will need heart medication as they will all be close. seems as though they were right.

• Content Count:  254

I would change the Cincinnati choice but I agree with your theory. I would pick the second TD called back on BJ where there was a bogus holding call on Sterling Griffin. Needless to say, in the last three games we have only had 2 of the 3 game phases working for us. Offense struggled with UConn, defense strugggled with Cinn and of course the special teams struggled with Rutgers.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

vs UCONN - Scott's fumble for a Husky TD - D really had the Huskies corraled until they couldn't get them off the field at the end - defensive fatigue?

vs Cinci - The 30+ yard pass on UC's final drive given this doesn't happen on any other plays (time runs out if they need 3 more plays to get inside the 15 yardline. A late drive given up...defensive fatigue or just prevent soft coverage?

vs Rutgers - Marc attempt to pick up the punt (USF doesn't give up a FG) or Bonanai's missed FG, no OT (this for 100% sure). Another late drive for a TD...soft coverage or fatigue again?

Scott's fumble was bad, but our offensive play calling all game was brutal and that's why we lost.

Cincinnati has 2 timeouts left when they started their final drive and it ended with them still having 2 timeouts on the board.

Marc's play was the difference against Rutgers. We were totally in control of that game and it went South quickly after that.

We're more than 3 plays away from 7 and 1, but the bottom line is that we should be 7 and 1.

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Change three numbers on the Powerball Lottery and I am a multi millionaire.

Archived