• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Men's Soccer Clinches Share of Big East Red Division

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

@CousinRicky - hope to see you at more games & will be interesting to see how many people come with football starting at 7 and only being on ESPN3. I will be bringing my laptop to the game and watching both lol

USF should set up the Soccer Stadium as a Soccer and Football watch party. Set up a large portable screen for the (American) football game from the stream - position it on the side so you can see it from most of the stands - no audio necessary. They could have the stream on starting at 7:00 and then turn it off whenever the soccer game is in action so the football game would be on the screen from approximately 7:00 to 7:30, 8:20 to 8:40, 9:30 - 10:30. We would probably see most of the first quarter, the end of the first half and probably all of the 4th quarter.

A GIANT NO.That would be extremely disrespectful of the soccer team.

By Marriage, you are right. I was actually being selfish thinking how I can catch both games live. Now I hope there aren't a lot of people watching the football game on their phones or pads, that would be just as bad.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Doesnt matter. You respect the team that is out there. Especially when they are the best team on campus

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Congrats to the men's team. Quick question for those of you that truly like soccer (I would rather watch paint dry personally). Is there anything that are fans and players can do besides the Oil of Olay chant over and over? American soccer will never have its own identity (nor draw sports fans like myself) as long as we keep trying to copy everything from abroad. How about something original? We obviously have a powerhouse program. Let's be the original ones instead of the sheep. People will follow our actions because they want to be associated with a winner (which USF soccer has become). The Oil of Olay chant is overplayed like "Well done sir" or "you sir..."

Come on student body... our soccer team deserves better than an Olay chant. Be original... Be creative. You'll be surprised. Something will stick and a lasting tradition will be created. The players care about you guys as much as you care about them. They'll run with something good.

Just my two cents. Congrats again to Dom Dwyer for a great season. Also congrats to Jeff Cunningham... Too bad you didn't have the tools around you that this squad has. You would have been lethal. Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

Congrats to the men's team. Quick question for those of you that truly like soccer (I would rather watch paint dry personally). Is there anything that are fans and players can do besides the Oil of Olay chant over and over? American soccer will never have its own identity (nor draw sports fans like myself) as long as we keep trying to copy everything from abroad. How about something original? We obviously have a powerhouse program. Let's be the original ones instead of the sheep. People will follow our actions because they want to be associated with a winner (which USF soccer has become). The Oil of Olay chant is overplayed like "Well done sir" or "you sir..."

Come on student body... our soccer team deserves better than an Olay chant. Be original... Be creative. You'll be surprised. Something will stick and a lasting tradition will be created. The players care about you guys as much as you care about them. They'll run with something good.

Just my two cents. Congrats again to Dom Dwyer for a great season. Also congrats to Jeff Cunningham... Too bad you didn't have the tools around you that this squad has. You would have been lethal. Go Bulls!

there are A LOT more chants than the ole done in the video! I'll be sure to record them next Saturday!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

there are A LOT more chants than the ole done in the video! I'll be sure to record them next Saturday!

As "Lethal" has stated there are a lot more chants. As a matter of fact The Goal Mouths very rarely do the "Ole" chant. I can't remember which game, but the opposing keeper was named Eric, TGM's were ruthless, that kid didn't stand a chance, it was great. They add to the atmosphere.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

First time I've been to a live soccer game since our daughter was in 2nd grade. So I've never seen high level soccer in person. Although I don't really "get" soccer I was really impressed with some of the play I witnessed last night. Plus I got to meet Bull-by-Marriage and he gave me a bit of an education in soccer.

The Bullspen was represented (at least) by him, Ricky the Bull and myself.

It was great meeting you, your lovely wife and Ricky. If you get a chance, come join us again.

I'm sure we'll make more than 1 game next year. My wife had a great time and she is more of a soccer fan then me - so she'll make sure we go.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We will be playing Saturday the 5th at 7:30 pm against a yet to be determined opponent

Well since the Rutgers game is not on tv this might help boost attendance for some... although it could be a ghost town because everyone will be watching the football game online, I know I will...

This schedule sucks... the Big East should not schedule ANY soccer tourney games on the same day that football is going on...

I do admit that there is another game that I will have to miss most of because of the soccer game......I realized that night that the LSU vs Alabama game will be at 8......

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

I do admit that there is another game that I will have to miss most of because of the soccer game......I realized that night that the LSU vs Alabama game will be at 8......

If there's a light crowd at the soccer game, there's your reason.

invite your friends who have not gotten chance to go to game yet or for USF fans who don't mind watching game on laptop at same time lol - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=235304196524740&ref=ts

Archived