• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SMU, Houston Rumors

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

With 6 spots open it is going to be tough to keep them out. 

Ugh.  Bottom-dwellers unite.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

For the sake of conversation I am trying to look at things from a neutral position. I believe UCF and ECU will be part of expansion, but for the life of me I really see no business advantage to adding either school. Neither school is located in important TV markets. Neither team brings a long tradition of football. Neither presents a strong brand. It will probably happen, but not really of the logical reasons.

Same probably could haave been said about USF when we got the nod, but at least Tampa presented a major league sports market. (Bucs, Rays and Lightning) plus past history with the Rowdies, UT Football and Bandits. Orlando has the Magic and nothing.

If we are trying to round out the league then maybe these 2, but as a first move?  I don't get it. Its weak.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Months Years of discussing where Central Florida is and where South Florida is and all that stupid stuff.

• Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

For the sake of conversation I am trying to look at things from a neutral position. I believe UCF and ECU will be part of expansion, but for the life of me I really see no business advantage to adding either school. Neither school is located in important TV markets. Neither team brings a long tradition of football. Neither presents a strong brand. It will probably happen, but not really of the logical reasons.

Same probably could haave been said about USF when we got the nod, but at least Tampa presented a major league sports market. (Bucs, Rays and Lightning) plus past history with the Rowdies, UT Football and Bandits. Orlando has the Magic and nothing.

If we are trying to round out the league then maybe these 2, but as a first move?  I don't get it. Its weak.

Its an aweful move that shows the state of the big east. We might as well be raiding the MAC... oh wait, if the news is true we're about to do that too. Just hand me the gun... Is the MWC looking for new members?

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

If UCF is coming and no one else leaves, I say we keep it in the east.  Add Temple and bring up Nova (or a FBall only service academy): 9/16 split.  The BBall schools aren't going anywhere -- I can't see them splitting off without keeping the BE name.  If the FBall teams split and form a "new" conference, I believe they lose AQ status and have to apply from scratch.  Getting to 12 FBall makes it even more unwieldy for other sports, doesn't add much in the way of quality, and will not stabilize anything as it would prevent no one from accepting an outside offer.  If more teams leave, you're still left with having to backfill anyway.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

UCF is coming.  Let's learn to accept it now so it's not as bad later.

Although having to deal with their fans on a yearly basis...ugh.  I will not be making the trip to their stadium for the away games.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Although having to deal with their fans on a yearly basis...ugh.  I will not be making the trip to their stadium for the away games.

That's actually what I'm looking forward to most.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

You either have not been to their home games (I went to both, 2006 & 2008) or you had earplugs and blinders on while you were walking to and from the stadium.  Their fans are by far the WORST fans I have ever encountered.  Nothing comes close to describing how ****** they are.

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

You either have not been to their home games (I went to both, 2006 & 2008) or you had earplugs and blinders on while you were walking to and from the stadium.  Their fans are by far the WORST fans I have ever encountered.  Nothing comes close to describing how ***** they are.

Must have had the blinders on cause I really didn't notice much but we were in a hurry to get into the game.  Heard a little trash talk but no big deal.

Archived