• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does Rutgers 34-10 thumping of Pitt...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,078
  • Days Won:  469

I don't know about "picked".  I just saw their usual cupcake schedule and how they fared.

Then again, they always seem to be better in conference.

Just like we always seem to be better out of conference. 

Yep.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Pitt was/is a mediocre team.  Everyone knew that going in.  For christ sake, they barely beat the University of Maine and had trouble with Buffalo.  Iowa rolled up on them in the 4th with their pretty slow defense and took apart their poor pass defense.  Rutgers did what we were supposed to do.  There have been plenty of people on this site calling out the defensive schemes used by Snyder and the inability to stop offenses short of getting lucky enough to get a turnover.  No pressure at the corners, no pressure on the QB, no blitzing and giving up swaths of yardage to opposing offenses.  We have the talent but they are in schemes that put them at a major disadvantage.  BJ is not the QB to have for a shootout win, we have to play aggressive defense and the personnel on the field have to match the scheme.  Lanaris covering a Graham, DT's dropping into coverage, corners playing off 10 yards, etc. is no way to win.

Rutger's win points back to the inability of the DC to have an effective defensive plan and his video interview about the loss was even more maddening for its arrogant tone.  I certainly hope that Skip it taking care of the situation, it's his **** team not Snyders!!

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

We did not play the same type of football we have all year against Pitt. I think this was a slip-up game for USF. I think this is the only conference game we lose, and I still think the Big East championship will come down to the WVU game. That Pitt game was not our season.

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

In the Big East, you either "bring it" or you lose.  Simple as that.  The teams are too closely matched.  You can't take a week off, even if you have a bye.  GB!

• Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Rutgers win over Pitt is great for USF and our BE championship hopes.  Now we need to focus on UConn and have a decisive win to show everyone that we are for real. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We did not play the same type of football we have all year against Pitt. I think this was a slip-up game for USF. I think this is the only conference game we lose, and I still think the Big East championship will come down to the WVU game. That Pitt game was not our season.

We play exactly the same on defense as we have all year.

• Content Count:  1,985

I was almost certain Rutgers was one of the worst teams in the Big East.

No, that is us until proven otherwise.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Does this mean our defensive coaching staff is inept?

I keep hearing and reading how fast this defense is, but we give ALL wide receivers 10 yards (CBs MUST be rally slow), don't pressure the quarter back, and the only decent running teams we have faced have gashed us on the ground.  We have no defensive identity right now, except to say we are soft. 

We have to change that against UCONN.

• Content Count:  2,523

Simple.  Snyder single handedly cost us that game.  No blitzes against a crappy QB and a team focused around one player????  What a joke that game plan was.  So stupid. 

• Content Count:  5,241

Thursday night was a perfect storm of crappy play and coaching combined with a motivated Pitt team that wanted to win.

Basically, I stick to the Thursday night curse theory.

Pitt-Rutgers just shows that pitt is a schizophrenic team

Archived