• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: Orlando Sentenal Calls for intervention UCF to Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

IF UCF was in the Big East and USF was on the outside looking in, people in Tampa would be wanting the same exact thing.

Have we had any nimrods do this expecting to legislate our way into the ACC, SEC or anywhere else? 

Only one on our side were Judy Genshaft, Doug Woolard, The Most Powerful Man in the Building, and Lee Roy Selmon.  That was OUR pitch (along with a Pitt butt whooping). 

UCF - Grow up and learn how to sell yourself.  You can start by beating a bad BYU squad tonight.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

IF UCF was in the Big East and USF was on the outside looking in, people in Tampa would be wanting the same exact thing.

Have we had any nimrods do this expecting to legislate our way into the ACC, SEC or anywhere else? 

If we end up NOT in an AQ conference after the dust settles, I imagine you may be among the nimrods clamoring for an intervention.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

If we end up NOT in an AQ conference after the dust settles, I imagine you may be among the nimrods clamoring for an intervention.

You imagine that based on what? The fact that it supports your baseless assumption to which Brad responded?

If you want to just make **** up and assume it to be true, have at it, but it doesn't make it correct.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

And yet UCF will have no bearing on us keeping the AQ label.  Everything rides on the big 12 right now for us.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

Bianchi with followup column for those interested/

OrlandoSentinel.com

Speaker of the House Dean Cannon: USF reportedly blocking UCF from Big East is 'horrible'

Maybe it's time to call USF President Judy Genshaft 'on the carpet'

Mike Bianchi

SPORTS COMMENTARY

September 24, 2011

advertisement

Running off at the typewriter. …

The other day in this space, we asked State Speaker of the House Dean Cannon of Winter Park to look into reports that USF President Judy Genshaft is trying to block UCF from gaining access to the Big East.

And, by gosh, he's actually doing it.

Let's give it up for Cannon, who told UCF's student TV station that it would be inexcusable for one state school to try to keep another state school from gaining access to the tens of millions of dollars that come with being in a BCS league. Not only that, but Cannon says he plans on doing something about it and has already contacted at least one of his fellow legislators about investigating the matter.

"I think that's horrible," Cannon said of the reports that USF is lobbying against UCF getting into the Big East. "I think it's ridiculous that USF, as a sister state university, would try to stop UCF of something that it wants to do to make its athletic programs stronger. … We need to call anybody on the carpet who would try to hold down a fellow university. I think it should be stopped and I'm going to do everything I can to stop it."

Wow, how's that for a "Cannon" shot across ol' Judy's bow? Maybe now Genshaft will actually have to answer some questions about this matter. She might be able to dodge the media, but I doubt she'll be able to ignore inquiries from the State Speaker of the House.

Go get her, Deano.

I'm not sure who should be more embarrassed, and angry, about being played by Bianchi ... UCF fans with a clue or Cannon.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think Bianchi is right. 

We should help UCF get into the Big East.

As our replacement when we move up to a better conference.  :)

You imagine that based on what? The fact that it supports your baseless assumption to which Brad responded?

If you want to just make **** up and assume it to be true, have at it, but it doesn't make it correct.

Why is it baseless and who invited you to answer. You really think that using conferences that haven't had new schools added that weren't already in an AQ conference for decades is a good argument? ESPSN TV money has come in and changed the entire landscape where it comes to college conferences. Its no longer regional rivals, its who has a market and will get us viewers.  All for a conference led by the NCAA who wants to make sure the field is fair and athletes don't get more than a free education while the institutions make millions. Its all a crock, from the millionaire coaches who think they are gods on the sideline, acting however they want. If a student athlete put on the same show, they would be fined or suspended. All this money has gotten us where we are, and you are sure  hell certain that after its all over, and USF is NOT in, that supporters will look to their representatives, just like in Utah, to get USF back in. There is my base for my assumption. Being that UCF and Utah have supporters that want their representatives involved, its YOUR ASSUMPTION that looks baseless.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

All I know is that if UCF wins tonight, it's going to be one step closer to a top-25 ranking... For FIU that is.

All I know is that if UCF wins tonight, it's going to be one step closer to a top-25 ranking... For FIU that is.

lol.

Just saw Quenton Washington commenting on Geno Smith for tomorrow's slaughter, err game during the half-time segment.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I can't speak for Bulliever.  But I don't ever want my legislators wasting their time on something like what conference my school is in.  There are far, far more important things they should be trying to resolve.

Archived