• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

10 or 11 wins possible for USF according to ESPN's McShay

Raetus

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Then we got lucky and Jerrell got the strip. 

That strip had absolutely nothing with us being lucky ...

The way they were moving the ball at will on us would make me think otherwise. 

His knee could have touched...or the ref coulda blown the whistle. 

... or a giant sinkhole could have formed beneath him just as he was getting ready to rip the ball out.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

That strip had absolutely nothing with us being lucky ...

The way they were moving the ball at will on us would make me think otherwise. 

His knee could have touched...or the ref coulda blown the whistle. 

... or a giant sinkhole could have formed beneath him just as he was getting ready to rip the ball out.

EXACTLY!!!

GO BULLS!!!

8va

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

the "if" game is so lame.

I'm tired of people saying USF was lucky to win or ND should have won. it's not even close to true.

the bulls led by 3 scores for half the game. we led from the start to finish. ND never led not even for a second.

we also missed a FG

we ran the ball into the line 3 times from THEIR 30 yard line with 4 minutes left and then punted.

Do we do that if we aren't leading by 10? wouldn't we try to score from THEIR 30?

fact is ND was lucky to make the score closer than the game really was. I was there too and I wasn't worried ND was going to win from 5 minutes left in the first quarter. they were never within one score of us from that point on.

they were not within one score from 5 minutes left in the first quarter until 20 seconds left in the game. that is not a game a team is supposed to win. or another team was lucky to win.

Fact - if we were down by 3 scores with 7 minutes left we would have had more yards than ND. they had 180 yards in their last 2 drives. who cares?

BTW ND lost to Michigan because Kelly wasn't smart enough to do what holtz did. he took the air out of the ball. Kelly wanted to win with style. He passed the ball 39 times with an erratic QB in a game they led by 3 scores most of the way. sure he got the yards but it also cost them the game.

who passes on first down from the opponents  7 with 6 minutes to go in a game that you are leading and are averaging 6 yards per carry? Brian Kelly. what happens? your turnover prone QB fumbles away the game.

if I was 6'5"

if I had a rocket arm

if I was good looking

then i would be married to giselle

see how dumb that game is. that's using less if's than 8 uses to determine ND should have won our game.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I'm not acting...I was there.  And to be honest...NO ONE in the building wearing green and gold was happy with the score 23-13. 

We needed another score...and didn't get it.

The way ND was moving the ball against our porous defense was kinda sad. 

On ND's FIRST drive i was like..."Oh my god...brian kelly has made them good!"

This is how underdogs win.  Theres nothing wrong with it.  I just like being more down to earth about it. 

I left that stadium thinking that if we played  ND 10 times...we lose 8. 

Theres nothing wrong with this...cause WE WON!!!

and we can walk away saying this here.  But the fact still stands...we WON THAT GAME. 

GO BULLS!!!

8va

I was in the building, I was wearing green and gold, and I am very happy with the score.

Doing exactly what you are coached to do is NOT being lucky.

NO CHANCE in Hell does ND beat USF 8 of 10. Of course there's no way to find out, but that's my opinion.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Bull94, people like 8va just have it in their heads that the way the game was played is the way it would be played if we played 10 times. We would take the air out of the ball, not because it was a conscious decision, but because Notre Dame was so superior on defense. We let them move the ball with dinks and dunks not because it was a conscious decision not to press receivers until they got to the redzone but because their superior players were great at short routes.

If you truly believe that type of thing, then you're quite the pessimist. As stated, if Notre Dame employs what we did against them when they were up on Michigan, they win. They didn't and they got handed another "L". Good for them, game management is a huge aspect of the sport and they've failed at it the first couple games.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bull94, people like 8va just have it in their heads that the way the game was played is the way it would be played if we played 10 times. We would take the air out of the ball, not because it was a conscious decision, but because Notre Dame was so superior on defense. We let them move the ball with dinks and dunks not because it was a conscious decision not to press receivers until they got to the redzone but because their superior players were great at short routes.

If you truly believe that type of thing, then you're quite the pessimist. As stated, if Notre Dame employs what we did against them when they were up on Michigan, they win. They didn't and they got handed another "L". Good for them, game management is a huge aspect of the sport and they've failed at it the first couple games.

good post.

I'm glad holtz knows how to manage a game. Kelly has the mindset of an OC. He absolutely blew that michigan game. when you are up by 3 scores the proper strategy is to shorten the game, limit mistakes, and play field position.Just like Holtz did. you run the football and take time off the clock. even if you aren't gaining the yards, when you're up by 3 scores the clock is your enemy. kelly wants to win with style. he wants to rack up a lot of yards and score a bunch of points. high risk. dumb strategy when you are leading by 3 scores.

kelly passed the ball 39 times with a QB that averages 3 turnovers a game in a game he was leading by 3 scores for the majority of time!! how dumb is that? he called a pass play on first down from the michigan 7 when his backs were averaging 6 yards per carry!!that was with 6 minutes to go and the lead!!

the guy is a terrible head coach if he can't make in game strategy adjustments. I'm glad Holtz understands basic game strategy and situational coaching even if most fans don't.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

good post.

I'm glad holtz knows how to manage a game. Kelly has the mindset of an OC. He absolutely blew that michigan game. when you are up by 3 scores the proper strategy is to shorten the game, limit mistakes, and play field position.Just like Holtz did. you run the football and take time off the clock. even if you aren't gaining the yards, when you're up by 3 scores the clock is your enemy. kelly wants to win with style. he wants to rack up a lot of yards and score a bunch of points. high risk. dumb strategy when you are leading by 3 scores.

kelly passed the ball 39 times with a QB that averages 3 turnovers a game in a game he was leading by 3 scores for the majority of time!! how dumb is that? he called a pass play on first down from the michigan 7 when his backs were averaging 6 yards per carry!!that was with 6 minutes to go and the lead!!

the guy is a terrible head coach if he can't make in game strategy adjustments. I'm glad Holtz understands basic game strategy and situational coaching even if most fans don't.

:clap :clap :clap

Archived