• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

10 or 11 wins possible for USF according to ESPN's McShay

Raetus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

WOW! Of all the schools in the country to lookout for, he chose us. That is pretty big. WOuld have been nice to see some of our video clips in there too. This could be a magical year with a down Big East. We're setting up nicely for a solid 2 year run.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390

I wish I could be as optimistic as this board.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

SattyBull thinks we were lucky to beat ND, it's no wonder he isn't optimistic like many of us.

I'd say 10 regular season wins is looking good. The likely culprits beating us being WVU and Miami. I doubt we lose to both WVU/UM, but wouldn't be surprised with a bad game against, say, Pitt or Cincy bringing us to 2 losses.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We're 2-0.  A&M, UTEP, UConn and Louisville ought to be relatively easy wins.

That leave six games:

at Pitt

Cincinatti

At Rutgers

at Syracuse

Miami

at West Virginia

I'm a homer.  But barring significant injuries, I can't see us winning less than three of those.

Thus, it's hard to envision less than nine wins, and can easily see ten.  That is without counting a bowl game.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

West virginia is at home, but we do have 4 conference road games.

Thu, Sep 29  Pittsburgh *  -  -  at Pittsburgh, Pa.    8:00 p.m. 

Sat, Oct 15  Connecticut *  -  -  at Hartford, Conn.    TBA 

Homecoming 

Sat, Oct 22  Cincinnati *  -  -  TAMPA    12:00 p.m. 

BIG EAST Game of the Week

Sat, Nov 05  Rutgers *  -  -  at Piscataway, N.J.    TBA 

Fri, Nov 11  Syracuse *  -  -  at Syracuse, N.Y.    8:00 p.m. 

Sat, Nov 19  Miami (FL)  -  -  TAMPA    TBA 

Fri, Nov 25  Louisville *  -  -  TAMPA    TBA 

Thu, Dec 01  West Virginia *  -  -  TAMPA    8:00 p.m. 

* Conference Games 

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

We're 2-0.  A&M, UTEP, UConn and Louisville ought to be relatively easy wins.

That leave six games:

at Pitt

Cincinatti

At Rutgers

at Syracuse

Miami

at West Virginia

I'm a homer.  But barring significant injuries, I can't see us winning less than three of those.

Thus, it's hard to envision less than nine wins, and can easily see ten.  That is without counting a bowl game.

Good take here.  But I wouldn't necessarily count UConn as a gimme.

• Content Count:  2,726

Interesting that no USF B- Roll footage was shown while McShay talked us up.  They had the VTECH stuff ready to go for Kiper. 

Makes me wonder if McShay went off the board and surprised them with his pick. 

I know right...that kinda makes you think. 

I wish I could be as optimistic as this board.

You know...most of the time I am VERY VERY delusional on this board.  But in this case...I have to agree with SattyBull.  He's sorta right.  And as a member of the USF contingent at Notre Dame, I'll say that the 2011 Fighting Irish are the BEST 0-2 team in the country.  We shouldn't have won that game.

Imagine if he didn't fumble that ball on the 1 in the first drive and Kayvon DIDN'T run it back? LOSS

Imagine if we missed a field goal? OT..and perhaps LOSS.

Imagine if ONE of those picks in the redzone went for a TD instead of a TO...or at least a field goal.  ND would have gotten a couple fields goals at LEAST if they stalled.  LOSS

I would have been much happier and would have been a bigger "green and gold goggler" if BJ and the Offense would have punched it in one or two more times. 

Granted, IM MORE THAN HAPPY TO WIN THAT GAME and IM ECSTATIC THAT I SPENT THE MONEY TO BE THERE!!!  BUT, we WERE lucky to walk out of there with a win.  Maybe if there wasn't a rain delay...we would have been more in sync for longer?  There are alot of questions...I know...and MOST of you will come on here and say "The only stat that counts is the scoreboard" and I understand and AGREE with that.  But, looking on to the rest of the season its good to look at games like ND and say, "wow...we were lucky to get out of that one with a win".  AND we were also lucky to not get blown out...IMHO.

That being said, I do agree with McShay.  I say about 10 wins.  Miami, Rutgers(only cause its in Piscataway and we haven't won there since 2005), and WVU are the games to look at this year. 

BIG BIG GAMES!!!

That is all...

GO BULLS!!!

8va

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

10 or 11 would be a disappointment; that's 2-3 wins short.

• Content Count:  3,594

The Big East always looks this bad at the beginning of the year.  Then we still churn out a 3-4 record.

Gotta show me first!

• Content Count:  3,802

You know...most of the time I am VERY VERY delusional on this board.  But in this case...I have to agree with SattyBull.  He's sorta right.  And as a member of the USF contingent at Notre Dame, I'll say that the 2011 Fighting Irish are the BEST 0-2 team in the country.  We shouldn't have won that game.

Imagine if he didn't fumble that ball on the 1 in the first drive and Kayvon DIDN'T run it back? LOSS

Imagine if we missed a field goal? OT..and perhaps LOSS.

Imagine if ONE of those picks in the redzone went for a TD instead of a TO...or at least a field goal.  ND would have gotten a couple fields goals at LEAST if they stalled.  LOSS

Why do any of those happening equal a loss? Because you're looking at the remainder of the game assuming it would've went the same!

Would we have had a few second teamers out there on the final drive of the game if Notre Dame was down by more than 2 scores?

We were about equal in total yards in the first half. We were limited by red zone inefficiency in a traditional sense and they were limited by turnovers.

Imagine we go for it on 4th and 1 either of the times we settled for a FG in the first half and we get a TD instead?

Imagine we don't let them dink and dunk to the endzone on the 99 yard drive at the end? (they chewed 4+ mins off the clock just as we wanted).

Imagine if we don't sit on the ball in the second half and air it out like Michigan did and hit deep bombs. Denard Robinson showed just how easily you can abuse the top of the ND defense. Their front 7 is their strength.

I'm sick of people saying we were "lucky" to have won the game. While Notre Dame were unlucky in terms of turnovers, they were also pretty lucky just to get within three points. The turnovers should have led to a 20-point loss. Without the TO's you see a different game plan offensively from us, where we largely shut it down in the second half. Sure, BJ may have thrown picks (like ND did because they were playing from behind) or he could've connected (like D. Robinson did). Stop acting like our game in the second half is definitely the best offense we could muster up.

Archived