• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why does HOT Band suck this year?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Wow Dave, if you hadn't been plastered you would've noticed that both teams were running hurry up offense and the band didn't have time to play.

LOL   :P  Great answer!

Are you trying to tell me the band doesn't have a hurry up ... concerto...or presentation, or whatever it is?

Dammit, they sure should!!!  >:(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Back in the old days they break into a Queen trilogy...what has happened?

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

They did have A LOT of HS band players playing with them during half time though

and at least we will see GREAT band next Saturday......#BeatFAMU

• Content Count:  297
  • Days Won:  2

Wow Dave, if you hadn't been plastered you would've noticed that both teams were running hurry up offense and the band didn't have time to play.

For someone who can vouch for Dave, I stood next to him during the game -- he was as sober as they come  ;D

All that aside, I too (as a HOT alum and general student section homer who is 30 years old but still goes because he loves guest tickets) am disappointed in the lack of presence.  We need to start establishing tradition with downs-songs, play them when applicable, and perform stands music that could feature the band as opposed to the MP3 track coming from the PA announcer.  The halftime show was great, but really, who cares?  Half of the crowd is getting first and fries and free towels by signing up for USF credit cards with 80% APR.

The primary objective is to get the fans engaged -- and you have to do that for four quarters. 

For all 40-something of our first downs, we looked at the HOT band with their thumbs up their asses.  Drum Major not doing much of anything, and no signals coming from either director. 

As far as the hurry up offenses, the 1st down song lasts for 11 seconds.  I think that's plenty of time to throw that in regardless of what offense you run.  Not only that, but if you're going to play it, PLAY IT COMPLETELY.  Who was there during the 4th quarter where they FINALLY played the 1st down song only to peter off 7 measures into it, leaving us wonder what the hell happened?!

And the kids were a part of HOT Day, HOT bands reach out program for high school students to join them in the stands and on the field for performance.  They were in the level above them doing the wave and the Soulja Boy, so there's really no explanation why HOT band would've been distracted as far as a logistical purpose.

I asked everyone in the student section and they thought "maybe they don't know the songs yet".... pffft.

Point, Blank, Period:  They need to play each down, every down.  Come up with a song for penalties... come up with something for kickoff, GET US RILED UP.  If you really think about it, it's a waste of 300 seats in that area if they just occupy it and do nothing.  We need a change and we need it NOW.

The sad reality is that it won't be much of a contest in the stands next week with FAMU's band coming and blowing HOT band out the stadium.  Maybe that'll get some people talking...

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  0

Not to pile on, because I may have missed it, but did the band play the fight song after scores? I heard it pre-game and at halftime, but I don't recall hearing it after scores. If they did then the band needs to be mic'ed, if not then WTF?

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Not to pile on, because I may have missed it, but did the band play the fight song after scores? I heard it pre-game and at halftime, but I don't recall hearing it after scores. If they did then the band needs to be mic'ed, if not then WTF?

Yes and no.

They played it right after the TD, but twice they cut it short so as not to be playing during the PAT. Then after the PAT they played the March Victorious.

A) The Fight Song needs to be played in its entirety.

B) The Fight Song should be played after the PAT.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I agree with the sentiment........HOT sucks balls when compared to yesteryear.  I remember fondly having my son on my shoulders (fourteen now) for halftime to listen to the drum corps by the ship.  They worked very hard to prove that they were as good or better than any band around.  Now they are just going through weak motions.  Disappointed but I hope they change back to the old HOT.  Do any of you remember game losses but with the statement....."yeah, but HOT sounded tremendous, so we have that going for us".  I hope they get their act together.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If you think they are bad now, wait til you see the spectacle that is the FAMU Marching 100 next week. 

If some here haven't had the pleasure before, get ready to be amazed.

Archived