• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football Depth Chart is out.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

No surprises here. Elkino Watson as the #2 DT is the only thing that really caught my eye.

I was surprised Joel Miller held on to the starting slot receiver role. I though they would go with more speed with Mitchell or maybe Lamar.

Seems to be a lot of confusion in the thread...

WRs play specific positions... they learn say.. the z receiver or the x receiver... t-rex is not a slot wr, neither is Dre davis.

You can't just pop a guy into the slot role and say go run these routes...

Lamar just isn't a good pass catcher so he is out of the discussion. He will be used on those WR screens I'm guessing...

We use our slot receuvers as pass catching possession players. Miller and Marc fit that role best.

Right, but slot seems to fit Mitchell's skill set better than the outside. He's a small, quick receiver who can create match up problems with linebackers and safeties. It didn't take them long to turn Landi into a TE, how long could it take to teach Mitchell the slot position? With the taller receivers that came in in last year's class, it seems like slot would be the best way to get some mileage out of Mitchell.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

No surprises here. Elkino Watson as the #2 DT is the only thing that really caught my eye.

I was surprised Joel Miller held on to the starting slot receiver role. I though they would go with more speed with Mitchell or maybe Lamar.

Seems to be a lot of confusion in the thread...

WRs play specific positions... they learn say.. the z receiver or the x receiver... t-rex is not a slot wr, neither is Dre davis.

You can't just pop a guy into the slot role and say go run these routes...

Lamar just isn't a good pass catcher so he is out of the discussion. He will be used on those WR screens I'm guessing...

We use our slot receuvers as pass catching possession players. Miller and Marc fit that role best.

Right, but slot seems to fit Mitchell's skill set better than the outside. He's a small, quick receiver who can create match up problems with linebackers and safeties. It didn't take them long to turn Landi into a TE, how long could it take to teach Mitchell the slot position? With the taller receivers that came in in last year's class, it seems like slot would be the best way to get some mileage out of Mitchell.

Mitchell is like a Desean Jackson type.

This fast and big plays. Its harder to stretch the field from the slot. Mit hell is an outside guy thru and thru.

I see him used on wr screens tho too

• Content Count:  1,266

Terrance Mitchell 154 lbs?  That has to be a typo...

• Content Count:  720

Gotta agree 100% will hatter on this. T-Rex nor Lamar's bodies could take the pounding that you get a slot either. Miller has great hands and doesn't shy away from contact. He's also pretty darn good in space and can run through arm tackles. If Miller hadn't of played against UM we don't win that game. Kid had 3 money catches. All of them thrown in tight coverage and he had to go down and them them and did.

• Content Count:  12,293

Reshard Cliett at starting OLB is probably the biggest surprise for most people. I followed him in track when we were recruiting him. He has legitimate 4.4 speed. Looking forward to seeing him play.

thanks for that insight Mama.

coming from you im sure its accurate.

i just found my new favorite bull to keep my eye on.

I love watching LBs who can run.  my favorite player of all time is Derrick Brooks (i rooted for FSU when he played there) but that is quickly being replaced by Patrick Willis.  (im a 49ers fan and he is pretty much all i can root for on that team)

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Reshard Cliett at starting OLB is probably the biggest surprise for most people. I followed him in track when we were recruiting him. He has legitimate 4.4 speed. Looking forward to seeing him play.

There was a big hole there and the spot was pretty much up for grabs. 6'2", 217 with 4.4 speed sounds pretty good to me. Just a little smaller and a little faster than Williams was. Hopefully he can be as good in pass coverage.

• Content Count:  21,286
  • Days Won:  10

There was a big hole there and the spot was pretty much up for grabs. 6'2", 217 with 4.4 speed sounds pretty good to me. Just a little smaller and a little faster than Williams was. Hopefully he can be as good in pass coverage.

4.4 speed, holly bull.  Talk about pass rush.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

No Chandler is a surprise to me.

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

No Chandler is a surprise to me.

I'm sure we'll see him at some point. It would be nice to rotate these guys on the line and keep them fresh.

Archived