• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF's Godfrey accepted improper benefits from Miami during recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

You know if you take cash for a sport you are deemed by some to be a professional.  If that is true, would it not make Godfrey ineligible for college football.  Stretch but has some shades of validity.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

You know if you take cash for a sport you are deemed by some to be a professional.   If that is true, would it not make Godfrey ineligible for college football.  Stretch but has some shades of validity.

That was mentioned somewhere else and may possibly be viable when talking about players who actually signed with Miami. Since Godfrey didn't, I doubt he;d be affected by THAT ...

You know if you take cash for a sport you are deemed by some to be a professional.   If that is true, would it not make Godfrey ineligible for college football.  Stretch but has some shades of validity.

That was mentioned somewhere else and may possibly be viable when talking about players who actually signed with Miami. Since Godfrey didn't, I doubt he;d be affected by THAT ...

Good point.

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Going to the Bangor daily for news? Wow! Why not just read the actual report......he claims he gave him shoes, ( other versions he told someone else to go get him a pair of shoes) and gave someone else ( Allen) 200.00 for them both to go to dinner. And for Mr Trip before he asks... :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=ys-jeffrey_godfrey_allegations

BTW, Trip, you have been  a voice of reason...on this topic.....but that is no surprise...you usually are. Best of luck in Sout Bend. I think the Bulls win by 10, and watch those Canes....if they do not lose 1/2 the squad, they may be very focused....but I still  think USF wins by two TD  leaving them beat up. Is it in Tampa this year?

I may have to drive up from SW Florida to see the Miamuh fans looking  long faced. best of luck.

• Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

my thinking is that if purdue has already come out and said that marve is cleared, than I dont' see how godfrey wouldn't be.

Going to the Bangor daily for news? Wow! Why not just read the actual report......he claims he gave him shoes, ( other versions he told someone else to go get him a pair of shoes) and gave someone else ( Allen) 200.00 for them both to go to dinner. And for Mr Trip before he asks... :)

It was an AP report that he just happened to pull from the Bangor paper ... and it doesn't really matter what the actual report says in regards to this. Facts are that several players have apparently already been cleared by the NCAA. There's been nothing to indicate that Godfrey has yet ... but it's probably just the order they're going in ... hopefully, for UCF.

Probably, I read a report where he had been cleared, but I do not recall where...I'll look again.

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news?slug=ys-jeffrey_godfrey_allegations

BTW, Trip, you have been  a voice of reason...on this topic.....but that is no surprise...you usually are. Best of luck in Sout Bend. I think the Bulls win by 10, and watch those Canes....if they do not lose 1/2 the squad, they may be very focused....but I still  think USF wins by two TD  leaving them beat up. Is it in Tampa this year?

I may have to drive up from SW Florida to see the Miamuh fans looking  long faced. best of luck.

Relax UCF fan.  It was just an article and was linked on Yahoo that is where I found it.  If it is wrong, then it will turn out.  Good luck to UCF you giuys just got a break the star running back for BC might be out for your game.

Thanks, totally relaxed. I just think the AP writer has poor reading comprehension.....no other report I have seen has claimed that Godfrey was given money.

On BC, yes, probably caught a break. having just one viable RB is risky for anyone. I think BYU will be game that depicts UCF as an also ran or winner. Pretty sure BC is looking past us. We shall see. Good luck.

Thanks, totally relaxed. I just think the AP writer has poor reading comprehension.....

We didn't say totally relax ... The fact that other players have apparently officially been cleared but nothing about Godfrey yet should still put a little pucker in your sphincter.

Archived