• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where will USF end up if A&M and OK go to SEC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

nope. USF will be in the big east for the rest of the big east's existence.

This!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

What makes you all think that if OU and ATM go the the SEC and the Big 12 dissolves that Mizzou and Kansas won't hold out for the Big 10?

And what happens to Texas in all of this?

If the Big XII goes to s-t, I'd expect Texas to take a run at staying independent, especially with their own network now

• Content Count:  113
  • Days Won:  0

Mizzou was passed over for Nebraska because the Big 10 was only going to expand by 1, but if the SEC goes to 14 it may force the B10's hand in this little conference arms race going on.

And Texas isn't going indy for all sports, so their best option is to park non-football sports in another conference probably the Pac-12.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I'd pick option 3. I would have absolutely no qualms about staying in the BE if Kansas, K-State and Mizzou were to join. I think those 3 teams are quality programs and add great depth to our conference.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Mizzou was passed over for Nebraska because the Big 10 was only going to expand by 1, but if the SEC goes to 14 it may force the B10's hand in this little conference arms race going on.

And Texas isn't going indy for all sports, so their best option is to park non-football sports in another conference probably the Pac-12.

The Pac-12 isn't taking Texas without Texas football.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

Texas would go independent. They want to go independent. The only thing that kept the Big XII together after last years talks was ESPN's $$. If Texas was independent, they wouldn't have to hear the cries and complaints about the Longhorn Network and airing high school games on it. They already reel in the most money out of any college and they could make so much more being independent.

This is a WHAT IF topic...I never claimed things were going to happen. I said there are rumors and talk. WHAT IF this happened where do you see USF ending up.

And just because nothing has been reported doesn't mean there aren't things going on behind closed doors. I listen to Sirius college football talk radio everyday and there isn't a day gone by in the past few weeks that this topic hasn't been brought up. Does this mean anything? No but its still being talked about.

This move COULD happen but it could also NOT happen. This is just a place to discuss about what ifs not reporting the news.

You're exactly right, but there has been about 3 or 4 threads exactly like this one.  And they've all been saying the same things.  It's been talked about for almost a year. 

:oldnews  until the move happens. 

It's fun to talk about. If you don't like it, you don't have to read the thread.

+1

As far as what the Big East would be if we scoop up the remains of the Big XII: We would still be the bottom rung of the BCS conferences (in football) even if we add Mizzou, Kansas, Kasnsas St. Sure it would be in a better position than the Big East is in currently but it still wouldn't have the prestige of the ACC, IMO. USF would fit geographically better in  ACC or SEC too.

http://www.mapgameday.com/conference/4/

Regardless, any of my original 3 scenarios are better than where we are now. I'm really hoping for some positive conference realignment for USF in the future.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I am surprised this has gotten to page 3 and the "new news" has not been posted.

Basically, some Aggie blogger did a records request and got a copy of Texas and ESPN's contract for the Longhorn Network....needless to say a lot of stuff has been hitting the fan the last two days.

That said, Texas A&M did come out today and said there is nothing to the rumors of going to the SEC.

Here is the link and there is a link to the actual LHN contract if you would like to read it.

http://themidnightyell.blogspot.com/

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I am surprised this has gotten to page 3 and the "new news" has not been posted.

Basically, some Aggie blogger did a records request and got a copy of Texas and ESPN's contract for the Longhorn Network....needless to say a lot of stuff has been hitting the fan the last two days.

That said, Texas A&M did come out today and said there is nothing to the rumors of going to the SEC.

Here is the link and there is a link to the actual LHN contract if you would like to read it.

http://themidnightyell.blogspot.com/

Hey, thanks for sharing some "new" news.  8-)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

No, wait, don't you guys remember? The SEC is going to fall all over itself for the chance to pluck UCF out of C-USA. Clearly, our successes on the field are outweighed by their sheer awesomeness. Therefore, poor USF will be left out in the dust.

Oh, so THAT's what they've been smoking... hahahaha.....

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Can we get off this magical mystical belief that our TV contract for a 9 team league with no dominant draw is going to get more coin than the ACC which has one of college football's biggest draws in Miami/FSU

If the ACC comes calling I don't hesitate.

(and spare me the basketball money argument, football is everything in these TV contracts.)

Archived