• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where will USF end up if A&M and OK go to SEC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

A&M to SEC done deal? So says the administrator to the A&M scout site. Don't know how credible, but still cool to speculate.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=187&f=2639&t=7756673

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think we've all seen it in college football the last few years, where there is smoke, there is fire.

I believe these reports. It's the same way Nebraska to Big 10 started. Colorado to PAC 10. Miami to ACC.

It's all there

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

So we have all heard the rumors about SEC and two of the Big 10 XII (Texas A&M & Oklahoma), well it seems like the rumors are really starting to heat up a bit with rumors swirling about deal is coming together.

So if These two teams do go to the SEC (i'd imagine they would go to SEC West), what do you think happens?

Where do you think USF will end up in all of this?

Some possibilities I have thought up are:

1) SEC picks up USF for the East + 1 ACC team

2) SEC takes two ACC teams (VT and UNC would be logical pickups or FSU) and ACC takes USF

3) With the Big XII collapsing, Teams like Missouri, Kansas, Kansas ST get picked up by the Big East and USF stays put (SEC doesnt take teams in east, and just shifts one team from West into the East) and BE forms two divisions.

I would like either choice 1 or 2 but Im afraid USF might get end up stuck in the Big East.

Your thoughts?

This deal will likely occur either right before the start of the season -Or- early next season... A&M is holding its own personal tribunal with the help of Texas Tech and Oklahoma to condemn UT's Longhorn Network, its getting pretty heated right now.

The only way to diffuse this situation is for UT to dissolve its Longhorn Network deal which is never going to happen. UT will allow the BigXII to implode long before the Longhorn Network will be taken apart.

Basically A&M, Oklahoma, Mizzou, OSU, and Texas Tech are royally pissed that they have to buy a subscription to the Longhorn Network to watch their team play Texas, otherwise its a black out. Imagine if we had to buy a years subscription to a Rutgers TV Network just to watch 1 USF football game... don't know about y'all but I would be fit to be tied.

Also don't forget that the SEC, namely LSU and Arkansas wants Mizzou to be added to the SEC in addition to A&M and Oklahoma... if those 3 schools join the SEC then that is 15 teams, 1 team less then a super conference. Why not just go all the way and take FSU, Clemson, or Georgia Tech from the ACC?

The only thing is for sure is that once the SEC makes a move all bets are off and that the other major conferences will start raiding lower conferences to keep up with the SEC.

The real question for us is that if the SEC and PAC carve up the BigXII will the B1G take the left overs of Kansas, Kansas State, and Iowa State -Or- will they go after the best yankee schools in the BEast, i.e. Pitt, Cuse, and either RU or Uconn.

Another question will be what if the SEC adds 3 schools and gets to 15 schools... who will they add as the 16th team? You know that Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, and Iowa State are not going to be candidates, and neither will USF be one of them. Lets get real here, if the SEC adds any school it will be from the ACC and it will be FSU.

Our best bet is that the ACC taps us to replace FSU if and when this occurs.

Personally I am growing tired of this hemming and hawing over "Should we go to 16 team mega conferences... or should we stay at 12?"

Either do it or don't...  

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

From Scout.com

According to inside sources, Texas A&M administrators believe at this time that ESPN is unlikely to compromise on the high school games and they are moving forward with an aggressive approach to programming meaning they are in no mood to compromise.

If ESPN/Texas does not back down at the upcoming athletic directors meeting, this could be the tipping point. From a Texas A&M standpoint, that would likely be a move to the SEC – something that has been rumored since last year and is supported by recent actions of due diligence by the university. It sounds like the rest of the Big 12 is getting nervous as well and starting to check out conference options.

Several sources inside Texas A&M suggest a move could happen sooner rather than later if current conference conditions remain the same, which frankly surprises me if true. I was told it could be "weeks" versus "next year" in terms of a final decision to accept a standing offer to join the SEC. That would likely mean a move to the SEC for the 2013 athletic season.

The smoke with Missouri is building according to SEC sources. After getting snubbed by the Big 10 last year, Missouri is posturing for an offer to the SEC and working the phones hard. It might just pay off for Missouri. Apparently, Oklahoma was told by several SEC sources that a future deal including Oklahoma State was highly unlikely...that they would need to split if they wanted to be seriously considered for inclusion. That explains recent rumors that OU has been inquiring about the PAC-12’s interest level in expanding the conference with both Oklahoma schools. If that doesn’t pan out, then the Sooners may come back to the SEC and consider working the politics of splitting with OSU. But, Missouri is ready to go now and if the chips start falling pretty soon, it looks like Missouri could be in line to get that western division SEC spot along with the Aggies.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

1. Is there, in fact, a standing invitation to A&M to join the SEC?

2. Does the SEC sit, if all the rumors are true, sit and wait for OU to decide?

2a. Does the SEC ego allow for second choice?

Archived