• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where will USF end up if A&M and OK go to SEC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

So we have all heard the rumors about SEC and two of the Big 10 XII (Texas A&M & Oklahoma), well it seems like the rumors are really starting to heat up a bit with rumors swirling about deal is coming together.

So if These two teams do go to the SEC (i'd imagine they would go to SEC West), what do you think happens?

Where do you think USF will end up in all of this?

Some possibilities I have thought up are:

1) SEC picks up USF for the East + 1 ACC team

2) SEC takes two ACC teams (VT and UNC would be logical pickups or FSU) and ACC takes USF

3) With the Big XII collapsing, Teams like Missouri, Kansas, Kansas ST get picked up by the Big East and USF stays put (SEC doesnt take teams in east, and just shifts one team from West into the East) and BE forms two divisions.

I would like either choice 1 or 2 but Im afraid USF might get end up stuck in the Big East.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,492
  • Days Won:  0

nope. USF will be in the big east for the rest of the big east's existence.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

So we have all heard the rumors about SEC and two of the Big 10 XII (Texas A&M & Oklahoma), well it seems like the rumors are really starting to heat up a bit with rumors swirling about deal is coming together.

So if These two teams do go to the SEC (i'd imagine they would go to SEC West), what do you think happens?

Where do you think USF will end up in all of this?

Some possibilities I have thought up are:

1) SEC picks up USF for the East + 1 ACC team

2) SEC takes two ACC teams (VT and UNC would be logical pickups or FSU) and ACC takes USF

3) With the Big XII collapsing, Teams like Missouri, Kansas, Kansas ST get picked up by the Big East and USF stays put (SEC doesnt take teams in east, and just shifts one team from West into the East) and BE forms two divisions.

I would like either choice 1 or 2 but Im afraid USF might get end up stuck in the Big East.

Your thoughts?

I'd say #3 is the most accurate choice. If that doesn't happen, then I think we could join the ACC if FSU jumps ship to the SEC. If pigs starting flying around, then there could be a chance we would drop back down to Conf. USA if we were left out of the super conferences (not likely).

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Where are you are seeing the talks about this are heating up?  I did a quick search and there's nothing new on this, the latest article I saw was from July 30, and it was by Bleacher Report - and we all know how everyone feels about that site.

Show me a link to where these rumors about a deal are "swirling."  Otherwise, it's obvious ... USF stays where they are, and prays that the Big East stays together. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

USF has zero chance of going to the SEC, our school doesn't fit their profile.  I Think the Big East picks up some of the big 12 leftovers and we stay put.  Very slim chance of ending up in the ACC if the Big 10 gets started again and the SEC takes a few acc schools.  

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Where are you are seeing the talks about this are heating up?  I did a quick search and there's nothing new on this, the latest article I saw was from July 30, and it was by Bleacher Report - and we all know how everyone feels about that site.

Show me a link to where these rumors about a deal are "swirling."  Otherwise, it's obvious ... USF stays where they are, and prays that the Big East stays together. 

Message Board Talk and bloggers.

Ahh, so no primary sources.  Just as I thought.  They're all bored just like everyone else on here is.  24+ days to go ... it does seem like forever until kickoff will get here. 

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Ahh, so no primary sources.  Just as I thought.  They're all bored just like everyone else on here is.  24+ days to go ... it does seem like forever until kickoff will get here. 

Ahh, you thought wrong.

http://bloghawgs.com/2011/08/09/aggies-to-secede/

The story links to pretty credible individuals close to the situation. Billy Liucci, David Sandhop.

If things ever play out USF will likely be in the BE with the addition of B12 leftovers.

Ahh, you thought wrong.

http://bloghawgs.com/2011/08/09/aggies-to-secede/

The story links to pretty credible individuals close to the situation. Billy Liucci, David Sandhop.

[glow=red,2,300]If[/glow] things [glow=red,2,300]ever[/glow] play out USF will likely be in the BE with the addition of B12 leftovers.

Key words boldened above.  I haven't even heard of Billy and David before.  I'll believe it when I see it in national media, thanks.  Until then, it's pretty much unsubstantiated rumors, as usual. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/31529/talking-agssec-ut-rise-overrated-leagues

Damian in Utah asked: There are a lot of reports that are saying A&M is giving their notice to leave Big XII for the SEC by the end of the month. Can you confirm?

DU: No, I can't. There's plenty of smoke, but that was the case for most of last summer. When/If things actually start happening, people will know.

Archived