• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another possible transfer WR James Louis (Ohio State)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

it's still a hardship waiver i believe.  he only gets granted transfer-ability bc of the coaching change, not immediate playtime too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Doesn't the NCAA allow someone to transfer without sitting out when the coach leaves or you have a program that is in disarray.

I don't believe when the coach leaves that constitutes a hardship, but I remember them doing the above for USC juniors and seniors because of the penalties the program was facing, but I could be wrong.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

I would not want to go to Miami with that NCAA investigation cloud hanging over their heads.  I wonder if James and the other candidates know about it.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

I highly doubt he'd want to head to UM after the news today.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Doesn't the NCAA allow someone to transfer without sitting out when the coach leaves or you have a program that is in disarray.

I don't believe when the coach leaves that constitutes a hardship, but I remember them doing the above for USC juniors and seniors because of the penalties the program was facing, but I could be wrong.

True.  The juniors and seniors were able to leave without any penalty. However, the freshman and sophomores had to sit out. However, there's no penalty for OSU.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

True.  The juniors and seniors were able to leave without any penalty. However, the freshman and sophomores had to sit out. For James, he's both a Freshamn, and coming from a school with now probation/penalty.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

As I noted earlier in the thread, James Louis supposedly has a child living in Florida and would likely be eligible for a hardship waiver based on that alone. S. Boyd had a similar situation last year, but he elected not to pursue the waiver and instead hoped to use the year off to get healthy and stronger.

• Content Count:  21,365

Any word?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Any word?

Nope.

FWIW, he still shows the profile pic of him giving the horns.

275980_100000130688523_7197444_n.jpg

• Content Count:  3,042

Any word?

I really want this guy too man. I think we have a really good chance since the whole Miami fiasco. I know he wanted to stay closer to home (Miami, FIU), so we're now the next best thing. I think it comes down to whether or not Holtz and staff have any more need for WR's w/3yrs eligibility, since they're going after D'Vario hard. I'd love to have this guy transfer here though regardless, he's a stud.

Archived