• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season Ticket Sales Down.... Again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

Greg Auman has a blog about our season ticket sales. It's only down 5 percent from last year but still that's a 1000 less seats. Hopefully there is a big sales spike this final month leading up to the season.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/usf-football-season-ticket-sales-down-5-percent

USF football's season-ticket sales are down for the third year in a row, with about 1,000 fewer sold for the 2011 season than this time a year ago for a drop of about 5 percent.

According to USF executive associate athletic director Bill McGillis, the Bulls have sold 17,580 season tickets through Tuesday, and with another 3,143 tickets reserved for staff, spirit squads and trade with sponsors, USF's total stands at 20,723, down from 21,760 a year ago. Because the Bulls open the 2011 season at Notre Dame, USF has an extra week of ticket sales before the home opener Sept. 10 against Ball State.

USF's all-time high for season tickets came in 2008 with 27,879 tickets, and as the nation's economic problems heightened, that number dropped 13 percent to a final count of 24,185 for the 2009 season. McGillis said USF's group ticket sales are well ahead of last year's pace, an encouraging sign for the final month before the season starts.

If USF can find success on the field this season, the schedule lends itself to big crowds late in the season -- the Bulls have seven home games and finish the regular season with three straight at Raymond James Stadium: Miami, Louisville and West Virginia. The final game could have the Big East championship on the line, and USF's 2007 game against West Virginia was the program's first sellout at Raymond James Stadium.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Greg Auman has a blog about our season ticket sales. It's only down 5 percent from last year but still that's a 1000 less seats. Hopefully there is a big sales spike this final month leading up to the season.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/usf-football-season-ticket-sales-down-5-percent

USF football's season-ticket sales are down for the third year in a row, with about 1,000 fewer sold for the 2011 season than this time a year ago for a drop of about 5 percent.

According to USF executive associate athletic director Bill McGillis, the Bulls have sold 17,580 season tickets through Tuesday, and with another 3,143 tickets reserved for staff, spirit squads and trade with sponsors, USF's total stands at 20,723, down from 21,760 a year ago. Because the Bulls open the 2011 season at Notre Dame, USF has an extra week of ticket sales before the home opener Sept. 10 against Ball State.

USF's all-time high for season tickets came in 2008 with 27,879 tickets, and as the nation's economic problems heightened, that number dropped 13 percent to a final count of 24,185 for the 2009 season. McGillis said USF's group ticket sales are well ahead of last year's pace, an encouraging sign for the final month before the season starts.

If USF can find success on the field this season, the schedule lends itself to big crowds late in the season -- the Bulls have seven home games and finish the regular season with three straight at Raymond James Stadium: Miami, Louisville and West Virginia. The final game could have the Big East championship on the line, and USF's 2007 game against West Virginia was the program's first sellout at Raymond James Stadium.

Brand new season ticket holder here!

- 2 tickets in 138.  So only about 998 down now.  ;)

Semi-related story.. how do you go about getting season tickets for soccer and vb, and other "non-main" sports.

I think the gousf.com website is horrible when it comes to that and leads you no where.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,637
  • Days Won:  29

This is what hurts us most and will be the reason we don't keep Holtz.

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I know of another 4 being sold so 993 to go  ;D

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

it is what it is with the economy.  if we win there will be a huge rush to buy tickets.

• Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

it is what it is with the economy.  if we win there will be a huge rush to buy tickets.

I'm sure Bucs tickets are WAY down from last year.

We win, they will show. Just like in 2007.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,637
  • Days Won:  29

And am sure this is mostly renewals, a month to go and there will be more.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I dropped four tickets but spent more this season. I bought much more expensive seats so I think this is misleading.

I'd love to see if donor levels are increasing or something...

We need to sell more tix though

• Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  1

I just graduated and simply cannot afford season tickets but I guarantee it will be one of my first buys once I get a real job. With my current job I'll be lucky to make it to more than one game this year...  :-[

• Content Count:  7,513
  • Days Won:  10

I just graduated and simply cannot afford season tickets but I guarantee it will be one of my first buys once I get a real job. With my current job I'll be lucky to make it to more than one game this year...  :-[

If I am not mistaken, there is a fantastic deal for recent graduates that make season tickets VERY affordable.  I'm sure someone can find a link, if it's still offered.

Archived