• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Trial on the death of Planchard

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

GOL's job is not on the line....he's not the 'bad' guy that everyone is throwing him under the bus over a tragic accident

Coach... who wasn't supposed to be there in the first place... kicked out the trainers and water... Athlete died as a direct result of his actions.

What did I miss? How is that not a violation or for that matter a terminable offense?

Seems pretty clear cut.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

I AM NOT going back and forth on this. Any D1 coach in America would not throw mud on GOL in this case. Have fun

• Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Seriously? All I did was ask you to explain yourself. Geesh....  ::)

• Content Count:  4,016

I AM NOT going back and forth on this. Any D1 coach in America would not throw mud on GOL in this case. Have fun

Say what you will, and at this point we'll probably never know the truth, but if O'Liar was told about Plancher's condition as the trainer said in deposition.  George originally said he had no idea, and now today on the stand he said he knew. 

So, he knew and yet he still cursed and yelled at Plancher when he fell behind?  Really?

If O'Liar knew and did nothing then he's thrown enough mud on his own face.  We'll never knew how much water was withheld, and whether it was implied or literal, but if he did.....well then he is the bad guy.

NO ONE can ignore that more than a few depositions have pointed a direct finger at O'Liar.  The trainer Mary contradicting O'Liar's initial statement that he was never told, now he knew, and the allegations of withholding water.  I suppose it comes down to who you believe and who you think has more credibility but please, please, please do not pretend like O'Liar is not being accused of some very harsh acts, and doesn't have at least a small bit of culpability in the matter.  You may choose to not believe one person leveling a thing at O'Liar...but that doesn't make them wrong either.

• Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

I AM NOT going back and forth on this.

Sure you will ... you're obsessed with USF and this site.

Any D1 coach in America would not throw mud on GOL in this case.

I've missed all the D1 coaches coming to his defense on this .... Any links?

Have fun

A young man is dead because your coached abused him ... You see anybody laughing in here??

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Your assessment of 813knight is spot on. It's an unfortunate turn of fate that Plancher had to pass away like he did.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

GOL's job is not on the line....he's not the 'bad' guy that everyone is throwing him under the bus over a tragic accident

Are you blinders on that tight?

Let's just assume for a second that Davis' testimony was correct. First off, UCF would be guilty of a rules violation (which is not something you want on your hands since you're currently on probation and you have other issues looming besides this) for the voluntarily workout that this was deemed to be. Secondly, if Davis' account of O'Leary ordering all water bottles out of the facility because he wasn't happy with the workout is the truth, then O'Leary would be guilty of being the "'bad' guy" and of neglience while it's been stated by Davis and others that Plancher was clearly showing signs of distress.

• Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

Your assessment of 813knight is spot on.

I wasn't positive until I saw that he was posting on the "Our Alma Mater" board .... WTF??

• Content Count:  639

now personal attacks? think I've been a respectful poster going back a few years, I'm interested in any Florida team, not just USF. The prosecution refused to use the student trainers(some by phone living out of state), coaches, and head trainer's testimony that water was available, the defense brought that up to the jury today. GOL owned Plancher's attorney this afternoon. basically, the only two people that say there was no water are a kid who was a walkon and never played, and a kid who was kicked off the team for getting a DUI and resisting arrest

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

very sad situation

how can coaches sleep at night

i am as tough as anyone on my kids ubt i never deprived them of water

or worked kids past point of exhaustion

if this is true--gol should be done and DA needs to prosecute him also

Archived