• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Trial on the death of Planchard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The jury threw the Planchers a bone, but not the meat.   A sympathetic jury was the order of the day over evidence.

Threw them a bone?  That's a pretty expensive bone.

It really is sick to watch you UCF fans spin this.

A player died in an off-season workout.

A jury has found that UCF was negligent and responsible for his death.

Your coach has been found a liar once again.

Stop trivializing this as if nothing happened.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

thank goodness for the civil justice system and personal injury lawyers

david beat goliath yesterday

I am not sure it is reversed.  Look at the law firm representing the Planchers.  http://www.yerridlaw.com/

I would be willing to think he is worth alot more than the 30 million UCFAA brings in revenue.

Here is my question to the forum.

You are offered 2million to settle.  No attorneys cost and payment immediately.  You say no on the advise of of an attorney who thinks yoiu can gets alot more.  3 years later you are awarded 10 million which 4 million goes to the attorney and you are going to get appealed, which means you have not and will not receive one penny for what may be many many years from now.

Should you have taken the 2 mill 3 years ago?

I think you missed the part where UCFAA also has to pay the court costs as well as the $10mill.

• Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

It will be reversed on appeal and the greedy money grab undermines the sincerity of the Plancher family.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

It will be reversed on appeal and the greedy money grab undermines the sincerity of the Plancher family.

Keep drinking that punch and enjoy watching the mediocrity that is UCF...  Why would they reverse the finding of a jury?  What law was not properly applied?  You can't just appeal because you don't like the ruling, and an appeals court would be looking for something egregious.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

this is being chalked up to just an accident

No, it's not. UCF was found to be negligent, and liable for a wrongful death. That's exactly what the verdict says. They weren't <i>grossly</i> negligent, but it wasn't "just an accident" either.

Here's an example of where you're wrong in legal terms:  If you've ever been in a car accident involving two automobiles, you either had your vehicle repairs paid for by the other insurance company, or your insurance company has paid for yours AND the other person's vehicle to be fixed.  Under comparative negligence, whover is liable pays - in FL, I believe it goes by % of liability or negligence.

Another example:  If a mom lets a kid play on top of an adult bed, and the kid falls off and gets hurt, it's an accident, right?  The mom got distracted, or took her mind off her kid for a moment, but she didn't mean to allow the kid to get hurt - but she still has some liability for the incident. 

Negligence in no way means intent.  In this case, UCF failed to exercise due care for Erick Plancher, which resulted in his death.  The jury basically found that UCF didn't take the care necessary to prevent Plancher from suffering injury and/or death due to health reasons.  Legal wise, it's a tragic accident and UCF didn't take the appropriate steps to try to prevent it.  Even though there's no punitive, someone should still be held responsible though - i.e. O' Leary.

Seriously?  They lost their child and a jury of their peers found UCF to be negligent.  Why would you be against the family to collect anything for their loss?  The money's not coming out of your pocket so why the heartless, moronic dismissal of the verdict? 

Do the world a favor and please don't ever, EVER consider breeding. 

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

5 mill for each parent for neglect.   ZERO for punitive.  Insurance covers all neglect payments.   Let the appeals begin.     I call this a Win for UCF.

Dude.. your a ******* piece of ****

THERE ARE NO WINNERS IN THIS (...except maybe lawyers)

5 mill for each parent for neglect.   ZERO for punitive.  Insurance covers all neglect payments.   Let the appeals begin.     I call this a Win for UCF.

Dude.. your a ******* piece of ****

THERE ARE NO WINNERS IN THIS (...except maybe lawyers)

+1000

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Seriously?  They lost their child and a jury of their peers found UCF to be negligent.  Why would you be against the family to collect anything for their loss?  The money's not coming out of your pocket so why the heartless, moronic dismissal of the verdict? 

Do the world a favor and please don't ever, EVER consider breeding. 

Well is coming out of a bucket of money that he probably has contributed to.  Insurance isn't free.  And they probably don't like paying 10 million dollars to anyone.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

thank goodness for the civil justice system and personal injury lawyers

david beat goliath yesterday

I am not sure it is reversed.  Look at the law firm representing the Planchers.  http://www.yerridlaw.com/

I would be willing to think he is worth alot more than the 30 million UCFAA brings in revenue.

Here is my question to the forum.

You are offered 2million to settle.  No attorneys cost and payment immediately.  You say no on the advise of of an attorney who thinks yoiu can gets alot more.  3 years later you are awarded 10 million which 4 million goes to the attorney and you are going to get appealed, which means you have not and will not receive one penny for what may be many many years from now.

Should you have taken the 2 mill 3 years ago?

Not if they wanted the truth to come out ...

Archived